Sorry I have been AWOL - My family needs your prayers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
I have being really busy at work an not alot of spare time during the day and helping my mother with transportation to and from the hospital for the past month and a half. My mother will not drive a car, although she has a license. I leave from work, go home to see my kids for an hour, then head to the hospital to be with my mother and father then drive mom home. By the time I get home, I then have to go to the store to pick up some things for the family and its just really late when i get in.

Yesterday my father was moved from the hospital ( where he has been for the past month, trying to get stronger in rehab) to the local Hospice House. The oncologist said there was nothing more they could do to help him and if they give him chemo drugs, it will hurt him more than help. He was laying in the bed, asking me for something, then he would go to sleep, then a few min. later he would say 'come on' and go back to sleep at one time I heard him say 'mom'. He told me he wanted me to bring him something, but never did tell me what it was. He also said 'dont just stand there and look at me, come on'. I am hoping this is from the medication and not the cancer. I think he is just wanting to go home but he wont be able to go there anymore. My mother is not strong enough to help him get up and down all the time and I can't leave my job to go sit with him at home either. I think he is best where he is, since the nursing staff is there to help.

Mom said he slept well last night, and he knows where he is and knows he is dying quickly. He will sleep and wake many many times during the day. He wont eat anything at all either.

Please pray for my family, this is a very difficult time for us...

Hospice workers are good people. They will take good care of your dad, and be there for you and your family. Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry man. I've been in your shoes and I know how exausting it is (physically and mentally). Hang in there and be strong. Will keep in thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent. I've been thru that, it is terrible watching that happen to someone you love - and also seeing it's effects on your mom.

Sorry man

I've been down that road as well. One of the toughest things in life. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Stay strong and remember to take care of yourself too. We often don't think of ourselves during times like these. Your Mom will need you and your strength later, so take care of yourself now too so you can be there for her.

I have been through it as well. It doesn't get any tougher than that, and if it does.. I don't want to see it.

Prayers for your family.

Latest posts