My Lucky Day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
My last year of high school has kept me off the water and off the computer a lot recently...

But anyway,

I met my dad today at Sportsman's Warehouse to price shotguns. He was going to pay for half as a graduation/Eagle Scout present. The first 500 people to come in get a slip of paper that lets you pop a balloon that has a piece of paper with a discount on it when you check out. When I got there, they had run out of the slips, but my dad had already gotten one.

I looked over the guns, and we decided to go to Barons and a couple other places to compare prices. I had a couple lures and I was about to pay for them, but someone at the checkout counter said something about someone getting a 50% off coupon out of one balloon earlier. I figured even 10% off would be better than shotgun prices elsewhere, so we went back and got a Browning Maxus.

The lady from the gun counter walked the gun up to the front for us to pay. I told the lady behind the counter to just pick one of the green balloons, and the lady from the gun counter (Heather I think) said to go for the biggest green balloon. They got that balloon down and popped it. She read the percent the slip of paper and picked up the phone and called a manger or something without telling us the discount.

Fellas, I walked out of Sportsman''s with a $1230 shotgun for free.

I threw in the newest addition to my fishing arsenal as well: a Shimano Crucial Swimbait Rod

IMG00017-20100306-2135.jpg

WTG buddy

You should have gotten a new pair of loafers as well

And congrats on the Eagle Scout and graduation as well

The Browning is GREAT but my congrats are for graduating and earning the Eagle Scout rank.

Good things happen to good people. :wink:

Awesome!!

Congrats on the Eagle Scout. I am real close to getting it myself. Finished just about everything else, and have now started hacking away at the mountain of paperwork.

I knew I should have went in there Saturday while I was in town.... Congrats man - you deserve it! =D>

Latest posts