Your $0.02

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearsphan3.14

Reaction score
I was going to get a Revo SX on a Vendetta, but I went fishing this weekend in the tin can. My 17 lb trolling just was not getting it. So, I got to thinking I could use a new TM. Whats your $0.02, new setup or new TM?

17 is pretty light, Id look into a min kota 55 if it was me.... You dont have to run Wide open all the time, but its there if you need it..

Go for ANYTHING better than that trolling motor. Even a 30lb thrust would almost double your power. But as was started, go for the biggest you can afford.

Bigger is definately better, I'm in the process of putting a 101lb on my rig, got tired of barely making head weight in the current or not making head weight at all depending on where I was with my 55lb. My buddies are taking bets if I'll get that boat on plane with the 101. I already carry 1 cranking and 2 trolling motor bateries, just gonna wire the cranking in with the others so it will be no more batteries than what I was already carrying, plus I carry a jump box with me too so I'm not worried about killing the main battery but I don't see where it will ever come to that point.

Bush Hawg said:
Bigger is definately better, I'm in the process of putting a 101lb on my rig, got tired of barely making head weight in the current or not making head weight at all depending on where I was with my 55lb. My buddies are taking bets if I'll get that boat on plane with the 101. I already carry 1 cranking and 2 trolling motor bateries, just gonna wire the cranking in with the others so it will be no more batteries than what I was already carrying, plus I carry a jump box with me too so I'm not worried about killing the main battery but I don't see where it will ever come to that point.

It wont plain, don't bet them... I run with a bunch of guys with 101's My 80 keeps up with them fine... :)

This is a dumb ? But are you on Elect. only lakes?

I only ask as there is only one around here that i know of Indian boundary and have never been on the water there.

yes i know it is TM .

Just was wandering about waterways people are on as there seems to been alt here that are elect. only.

Bugpac said:
Bush Hawg said:

It wont plain, don't bet them... I run with a bunch of guys with 101's My 80 keeps up with them fine... :)
Yeah I know it won't but it should move an eighteen footer pretty good

Bugpac what kind of TM do you have. My buddy is going to get one but has not decided on M/G or M/K. Any suggestions>

caveman said:
yes i know it is TM .

Just was wandering about waterways people are on as there seems to been alt here that are elect. only.

I believe ACarbone was answering the question of the original poster.

Georgia has many county drinking reservoirs that may be fished and are electric only. Not to mention all of our state parks are under 10hp.

Another TM. At least 45#s. Brine, on my 14' jon boat it is electric only. I mainly fish small lakes but sometimes I fish The Little Tallapoosa River with it.My 17' Fisher has a 40 hp Force on it and I have a 24 volt, 67# thrust Motorguide on the bow.

Latest posts