Wow, just... wow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
I know that Jim doesn't allow political discussions on here but this one has the potential to affect all of us.

Forgive me if this has been posted previously but this was the first that I had seen or heard about it.

https://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

Come on, 2012.

Y'all know the old story of the frog and the pot of boiling water? Basically, if you toss a frog into a pot of boiling water, he feels the heat, and jumps out. However, if you put a frog in a pot of lukewarm water, then turned the stove on under it, and slowly increase the heat, the frog cannot sense the temperature change, and will stay in the water until he boils to death. But, if when turning the heat up, you warm the water a little too fast, the frog can sense the change, and will jump out. Fellas, we (as the frog) have been subject to the fire being ever so slowly turned on for the past 100 yrs. or more. However, it is a fairly recent occurrence that the heat was turned up fast enough to notice. As far as fixing this problem, there is no time like the present.

Come on, 2012.
Don't have to wait until '12. We could completely replace the whole House of Reps. and 1/3 of the Senate this fall. Furthermore, we could have more of an effect this fall than '12 could ever produce.

[-( I hate these threads, they spiral quick.

bassboy1 said:
Y'all know the old story of the frog and the pot of boiling water? Basically, if you toss a frog into a pot of boiling water, he feels the heat, and jumps out. However, if you put a frog in a pot of lukewarm water, then turned the stove on under it, and slowly increase the heat, the frog cannot sense the temperature change, and will stay in the water until he boils to death. But, if when turning the heat up, you warm the water a little too fast, the frog can sense the change, and will jump out.
:LOL2: Cant wait to catch my next frog................

I microwave my frogs! Ummmm, frog eyes, yummy

10758038_BG4.jpg

bassboy1 said:
Y'all know the old story of the frog and the pot of boiling water? Basically, if you toss a frog into a pot of boiling water, he feels the heat, and jumps out. However, if you put a frog in a pot of lukewarm water, then turned the stove on under it, and slowly increase the heat, the frog cannot sense the temperature change, and will stay in the water until he boils to death. But, if when turning the heat up, you warm the water a little too fast, the frog can sense the change, and will jump out. Fellas, we (as the frog) have been subject to the fire being ever so slowly turned on for the past 100 yrs. or more. However, it is a fairly recent occurrence that the heat was turned up fast enough to notice. As far as fixing this problem, there is no time like the present.

Come on, 2012.
Don't have to wait until '12. We could completely replace the whole House of Reps. and 1/3 of the Senate this fall. Furthermore, we could have more of an effect this fall than '12 could ever produce.

This is a great analogy. The recreational fisherman is not valued as much as the commercial fisherman because the of the economics. However, the recreational fisherman does contribute to the economy through retail purchases, licenses, fuel, and so forth. Its not just this administration though its been happening over time. I believe in regulations to keep fish populations healthy but the commercial fisherman should bear some of the burden too. Read this link for more specifics on the Snapper Season in th Gulf.

https://www.thedestinlog.com/articles...-shortest.html

And yes vote out any incumbent in power reagardless of R's and D's.

Two quick notes..

Political threads regarding the sport seem ok to me

I think we need to make our positions clear to our current represenatives and senators. After all, would you like to hear what your boss wanted you to do before he fired you? We are the one they answer too after all. With Kennedy's old seat being filled by one of a different party, they are keenly aware that jobs are on the line for unpopular decisions. Just make your voice known - as I understand it, they are happy to hear from the poeple.

Just my opinions...
Will

wasilvers said:
Two quick notes..

I think we need to make our positions clear to our current represenatives and senators. After all, would you like to hear what your boss wanted you to do before he fired you? We are the one they answer too after all. With Kennedy's old seat being filled by one of a different party, they are keenly aware that jobs are on the line for unpopular decisions. Just make your voice known - as I understand it, they are happy to hear from the poeple.

Just my opinions...
Will

They are happy to hear, but rarely listen unless the voice is loud enough. So with that in mind we need a louder voice. I will email my Senator and House Rep with my concerns.

Troutman3000 said:
wasilvers said:
Two quick notes..

Just my opinions...
Will

They are happy to hear, but rarely listen unless the voice is loud enough. So with that in mind we need a louder voice. I will email my Senator and House Rep with my concerns.

No kidding... they just thank you for calling and that's about it. Hell, there were entire student bodies of colleges calling our governor to get the promise scholarship back.. and guess what.. I lost a grand this year. :roll:

well here is a good one they just sent a bill to the house here in maine they want to split the state of maine in half the s.part of maine will be called northen mass and the other half of the state will be taken over by the U.N this is not a joke this is taken place at this time its a bout time for the people to take our great country back and like tiny tim said god bless us 1 and all

Latest posts