What killed my chickens?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
Got home around 11:30pm sat nite went down to the barn and closed the chicken door. All were fine huddling under the heat lamp

get up sunday morning and find feathers all over the chicken pen (about a half acre or so fenced in). We're missing 2 hens and 3 chicks a few months old. Found all but 1 chick

Heres the deal. They all head their heads bitten off. Im talking just a hole with viens and what not comming out, bodys were all in tact

We've had a possum get in the chicken coupe (they've got a big room now) back when we first got into them but they seemd to go threw an opening and eat all their guts. Not the same in this scenario

any idears?

i put a coon trap out sunday nite with a can of tuna in it but havent gotten anything yet. Maybe because ive made the dog sleep outside since then

Yep mink or weasel most likely they are secretive most people don't even realize they have them around...could be a raccoon though, when I had chickens a few times we had some raccoons come in and kill my chickens and just eat the craw out and leave the rest

You haven't seen an old man in a white suit around?
Goes by the name "The Colonel"

Chupacadra?

At night:

CritterPuppet1a.jpg

During the day:

8122008.jpg

I agree with mink or weasel,sometimes they just keep killing for the fun of it//?

I have lost some to cats that way. They get close to the fence and poke their head out to get some grass and the neighbors cat would rip their head off.

Report this postReply with quote

Chupacadra?

At night:

During the day:

LOL :LOL2: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the input fellrs. the culprit is still at large. This winter ive had bobcat, fox, coon, hawks ect all on the trail cam so i recon it could be any of them. Ive got a buddy supposed to run his dogs threw our tract soon so if its a coon he better be on its best game ;)

I recon theres an update too. We are really missing 2 birds, they were dragged up the mtn about 40-50yds and nothing left but a pile of feathers. The other birds were all headless inside their lot. If it turns out to be that chikacobra im going to need a good reciepe

i was personally leaning twards coon or mink though ive never seen a mink around. had alot of ppl tell me their here though