Finally got a job "officially"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugpac

Reaction score
Well after being off work for a yr, and relocating 900 miles from the only home i have ever known, My part time job is officially full time.. Actually I have been working full time since day one. So i signed on to haul the race car, and now work full time in the shop as well, fabbing, installing motors, whatever needs to be done, I guess i am considered the do all.. It is the first job i have ever had that i actually look forwarding to going to everyday, Heck on Sunday night i cant wait for Monday am to come around.. It is exactly the stuff i enjoy doing. And best of all, it has a full blown fab shop i can use to build my new boat... :) I haven't bought it yet, but i will be soon.. I plan to make everything from the alum cross members, to hatches.. Should be fun.. It does however limit my schedule threw the summer, as a number of weeks in a row i will be working seven days with race weekends and all.. I have slept better at night over the last two 1/2 weeks than i have since the 2 months before i loaded the moving truck, I wont get rich, but i can make a living doing something i really enjoy..

Glad to hear it man. I'm a big believer in finding a job you love because what money you might be missing out on, you make up for in longevity. Its nice to start a job knowing you won't be burnt out in 3 or 4 years.

Congrats on the job! Thats awesome you get to do something you enjoy! It take some serious cajones to pack up and move to the unknown like that. Do you come from a fabrication background, or a truck driving background, or both? What kind of rig you driving? I just got out of driving big trucks 1 1/2 years ago after running local and regional truck for 12 years. I love my current job but sometimes I do miss grabbin gears on a 500hp 13 speed KW.

I have wrenched on cars my whole life, been driving concrete trucks and suck since i was 18, Been fabricating stuff since i was old enough to figure out how things worked.. Doer of all, master of nothing :) I am driving a race hauler for a Arca/Usar pro cup race team, It started out as just a driving job, I just started doing the other stuff right off the bat and he decided i would be a good asset to the shop as well..

Gunny, the shop is like 6 minutes from my house, thats the best part :) If you like racing, Next time we go fishing well go by for a tour. :)

Congrats on the new job! As said above, being happy in what you do counts for whole lot.

You mentioned moving from the only place you've known. I've done kind of the opposite. Moved my entire life (dad was military, and so was I). Started moving after the first grade, and didn't stop until I was 38 yrs old (ret'd from military). People still find it hard to believe when I tell them that this is the longest (14 yrs now) I've ever lived anywhere in my life, lol.

Be sure and get some pics of the races and cars for us! 8)

That's awesome Bug! I hate to tell ya though... it's not a job if you love it ;-)

Jim said:
Awesome man! Should I send some decals for the car? :LOL2:

I might be able to sneak some in on the pro cup car.. Them decals on the side are the lively hood of the team tho.. :) :mrgreen: You'd be amazed how important it is to have a sponsor at this level, Cost about 40k to go race a weekend, and the winner may get lucky enough to bring home 5k.. I need to get some from ya anyways if ya got more, I missed out on the sticker deal this last time i think..

I'll definitely take you up on that, I'm a big race fan. Maybe this time we can fish Bear Creek, I guess we should make an appointment with the gate guy this time.

Congrats on the full time, Bugpac. =D>

I just found out yesterday that my bro-inlaw landed his first full time job since being laid off nearly 2 years ago, as well.

=D> =D> =D> Thats great to hear Bug and Quack maybe we've turned the corner on this economy now........There's always jobs out there for men who know how to use their hands and brains ...........JIGGY

If that the job that you posted pics of the long weekend then that is one cool job.

Best of luck to you.
Mike

Latest posts