Wonderful GA traffic....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Well had training after I got off shift this morning so I didn’t get home till about noon. I went to bed for a few hours and when I got up, the wife and I decided to go out for a bite to eat and I needed to get a new head light for my car. Needless to say, on our way home, I was getting in to the turn lane , there was a bunch of traffic backed up, when all of a sudden this truck pulling out of a parking lot to our right wanting to turn left T Boned us in the back door of my wife’s car. He hit was with enough energy that he spun our car 180 degrees and we nosed in to another car.

My wife hit her head against the window and was bounced around. I myself was ok at the start but started feeling my back tighten up and now it hurts like crazy… They took my wife to the ER by Ambulance and I had to stay with the car till the police finished the report.

The guy tried telling us it was our fault even though I was on the main road and he was crossing through traffic to turn the opposite way. Cop verified that in fact the other guy was at fault which he was not too happy about from what I saw. As for the wife’s car, Pass Back door, and rear quarter caved in, right rear wheel out of whack, and not sure what else till I can see more tomorrow. Needless to say, I took it home, got my car, went to the ER to check on my wife, She is ok, but sore, The Dr. took a look at me as well just stiff muscles in the back. Other than that, Just leave it up to the insurance for now.

Now, don’t feel like lifting the boat on to the trailer and don’t know if the wife will feel like taking it out tomorrow or not, so guess this weekend is off…..

Darn, sorry to hear that, hope all is ok with the wife and yourself.. Ga is not a no fault state as well.. May as well cash in on that deal.. Some people just can not drive, all there is to it..

Dang, sorry to hear it RW. On the other hand, glad to hear you guys got to go home together.

The boat will be there when you're ready.

river wolf,

Glad to hear you are OK, hopefully nothing more than sore muscles for you and your wife. The car can be replaced but it is a pain to have it happen.

Thanks guys. Yes, the main thing is Anita is ok, just a little sore. That was my concern when I saw the Ambulance drive off and I couldnt go with her. The car is a material thing, but My wife is my wife and nothing can bring her back if something did happen. We have only had her car a year now and I really wasnt in to the looking for a new car mood. But hey, what can you do.....

As for the loose nut behind the wheel of the truck, you got that right, what was funny was he was egging on the passers by to tell me it was my fault. then when the cop gave him the ticket he didn't seem to happy.... Go figure....

Wow RW, I'm glad you guys are okay. GA has it's share of bad drivers and in that guy's case an idiot too.

Bad deal, glad ya'll are no worse for the wear. I despise the ATL traffic as well. Seems like everybody up there is a enormous hurry to go nowhere.

Good to hear you and your wife weren't seriously injured. A little rest and relaxation never hurt anybody; just make sure to take it easy until you're feeling 100%.

Glad you both are okay. You'll probably be sore for a couple days. But you'll be fine and the car can be fixed. Glad it wasn't any worse....

I am glad you and your wife were able to get through that without being injured too badly. As for your wife hitting her head on the window, those things are harder than they look. I bet that hurt. Get well soon.

Well just got back from the Dr. today, He took X Rays that the ER didnt, and found that the muscles on one side of my back are pulling my spine out of alingment, I went to work last night and at times the pain was unbearable. Needless to say, he gave me some super strength muscle relaxers that I am to take and off work for the next two days. OH JOY! Sit at home and do nothing.

As for the wife, the did X Rays on her as wel, the head is still sore but ok, but they did find a hairline fracture in her elbow where she hit the door with it.

river_wolf said:
Well just got back from the Dr. today, He took X Rays that the ER didnt, and found that the muscles on one side of my back are pulling my spine out of alingment, I went to work last night and at times the pain was unbearable. Needless to say, he gave me some super strength muscle relaxers that I am to take and off work for the next two days. OH JOY! Sit at home and do nothing.

As for the wife, the did X Rays on her as wel, the head is still sore but ok, but they did find a hairline fracture in her elbow where she hit the door with it.

Ouch! My back is screwed up from too many motorcycle wrecks over the years and there is nothing worse than back pain.

Hope you've been DVR'ing some good fishing shows. I'd shoot myself if I had to watch daytime TV all day.

You've had a rough year, RW. Did anything shake out on the job situation? Wishing you guys a speedy recovery.

Deadmeat said:
You've had a rough year, RW. Did anything shake out on the job situation? Wishing you guys a speedy recovery.

Yes, I was hoping that our luck would turn around here in 2010, but no chance. As for the job, not really, I have a job but at about a thrid what I am making but with the way things are going, I am happy to have a job. I am still throwing my resume around trying to get back in to a QA or management position. All I can do is keep tyring. Thanks for asking.

Latest posts