Advise of a weighing scale

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
Okay guy,

I'm tired of having to estimate the weight of my catches based on length. Somewhere last year I lost my scale and I need to get a new one. My goal this year is to catch a 10+ pound LMB and guesstimating isn't going to cut it for that one.

What do you guys have?

Thanks,

I just got a 30 buck Berkley one a while back. Seems accurate (enough) but if there's a toss up between two fish, I use a balance to make the call.

I have a Berkely digital also, and think I paid around $20 at Walmart. Doesn't get used much, cause I gotta catch some fish first, lol. I'm still looking at buying the Boga Grip style, but in a cheaper version/brand.

What I had was the Berkley that Walmart sells and I thought there might be something better out there, but other than BP mentioning that Berkley sells a step up, I guess what I had will work.

Thanks guys.

The Berkley scale is fine. But a spring scale will work too. I have a cheap spring scale that I got at walmart for around $4-$6. It might not be on but I promise a digital scale is off also. If you want exact, precise weight you will have to pay some big $$$$ for a top end spring scale. They will be the closest of any but even they can get off and you have to get them recalibrated.