Dam dogs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Just got word from my Step-Daughter in Texas that her Step Mother was mauled by a pair of Pit Bulls. She has severe damage to both hands and arms and some facial injuries as well. She is undergoing surgery to put the tendons back in her arm. Preliminary reports are she will get to keep both hands and arms, but the amount she will be able to use them in the future is uncertain. My wife’s ex has been breeding Pit Bulls for a few years and they are just the “friendly”, “loving” and “docile” show dogs. These animals have never received any kind of aggressive training. Seems two of them were playing and she walked through the room and they started “playing” with her. As far as I’ve heard those two will be destroyed and he is going to stop breeding them.

Many of you will defend the dogs, and that is your prerogative. I on the other hand am relieved to hear this as my grandchildren frequently go over there to visit and are, IN MY OPINION, in danger the entire time they are there.

Anyhow, regardless of your or my opinion on the dogs, I pray she has a full recovery.

Wow!! Prayers sent.

I do not like Pit Bulls nor would I ever trust them. This is my opinion and do not have a problem with other people having them as long as they keep them on their property and accept responsibility for their actions. They are very popular around here for hog catch dogs.

Thats part of the problem. Pits are super powerful dogs and most owners think they are poodles and dont take responsibility for their dogs. When their dog mauls a child you always hear - My dog has never done that before!
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS MUST BE TAKEN WITH ANY DOG WITH VIOLENT TENDENCIES!

wow, man I pray for a speedy recovery!

Yea, these dogs should not be owned by just anyone, something needs to be done about owning a pit. I say this because I don't ever see them making it illeagal to own one.

Personally I do not like them, never have, even before they got a reputation, im talking back in spud MacKenzie days. I don't think they even look good. I never even like Rotts, my brother had a big female that was a big babby but I just didn"t like her. Now I like dobermans :)

I will send prayers for her to come through this with flying colors. Hope she gets well soon. It is hard losing both hands to injury.

Every time this happens people come out and say their pit bull would never do that. You can have one for fifteen years and it will be the sweetest most loving dog and then one day it snaps. It happens too many times with this breed. I do not like the breed.

Prayers for a full recovery.

I have a guy at the end of my street that has a few of them. Even though he tries to keep them in I still see one of them running the neighborhood about once a month. I have a 6 foot wooden fence with a 4 foot chain link around the outside of the wooden one. A few years ago we had renters next door that had a pit. It jumped on chain link then on wooden one and got over. I went out back and he was tryin to jump back over. I have an area that is elevated about a foot. He finally got on it and jumped up on fence and climbed back over. Then one day he got out front and got aggressive with me and I tried to take his head off by throwing some scrap sheetrock at him. I missed and he ran home. I called the dog pound but they did nothing. I told my girlfriend that when he bites a kid they'll do something, but it'll be to late. Later he did and her boyfriend had it put to sleep and told her it ran away. She was a dope head and didn't care about anyone else's safety. I don't want to shoot one but If the dog pound won't do nothing and I have one come after me it's a dead dog.....period. Ticks me off that no matter what breed of dog it is, that people just won't do what it takes to keep they're pets put up. Especially the aggressive ones. Then act like... I can't help it they got out. I keep mine put up and even built a 3 foot fence the lenght of the house, out front to let ours go out to pee and stuff.

Wow, Andy, sorry to hear about this sad event. I certainly don't blame you for how you feel. Hope her recovery goes well...

Wow, sorry to hear it Popeye. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that. Pitts are unpredictable and you never know how they will act. I've known of pits that were trained for illegal dog fights but they never were agressive to humans and then I've heard of pitts that were always well taken care of and never abused, etc, etc and then they turned on their master. So I wouldn't have any. Hope and pray that she will be ok and that she will have full use of her arms and hands.

Sorry to here....
pits are not for the home just my 2 cents....................
I HOPE all turns out well.

Mike

Sorry about what happened and prayers going out.
I guess I'm kinda devils advocate here I have pits and they are used as therapy dogs, ie; going to retirment homes, childrens hospitals and the like, and when I hear things like this it saddens me.
Hope I don't turn in to the black sheep here on tin boats, and I totally agree with your opinion as far as waht your expierencies have been.

Ditto to all the above. Having worked in a morgue for a number of years, I've seen the damage pit bulls can inflict--and it's unbelievable. And, as other posters have said, they can be gentle and loving one minute and absolutely vicious the next. I trust them only marginally more than I trust politicians. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Good news is that the while the wounds were still severe enough to warrant several hours of reconstructive surgery, her recovery looks good. The ironic thing about this is we really don't care for the woman much (being my wife's ex husband's new wife and all), but how can you wish that on anyone? Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Sorry to hear this. It always breaks my heart. That said, I love Pits and Am. Staffs, but the owners must take precautions. I personally think the breeding process is to blame for the majority of the problems (along with care and training). There is to much paper hanging and other questionable practices going on, not to mention all the backyard breeders. Care needs to be taken with ANY dog. Again, I am very sorry to hear this.

My prayers are sent as well.I have been around these dogs all my life my dad bred pits for hog catch dogs and other things that im opposed to.I myself have bred and rescued these dogs.At one time i had 30 pits.And while most of the time these dogs are docile and friendly they are dangerous.I hear people fussing all the time about dogs being on a chain.This breed of dog has to be on a log chain its the only thing that can hold them.They dont get any more aggresive than they already are.That being said i think they are good dogs.Just not good dogs for everyone.Its hard to change a trait thats been bred into them for hundreds of years.The thing is i doesnt take alot to set one off.But once they start you cant stop them.I aggree that the 2 who attacked her should be put down,i probaly would have shot them before animal control got there.THESE DOGS DO NOT HAVE TO BE TRAINED TO BE AGGRESIVE THEY ARE BRED TO KILL!!!!!!Having several of these dogs myself and from being around the all my life iknow how dangerous they can be.Although luckily i have never been bitten by one.Again my prayers go out to her and i wish her a speedy recovery.

My family has had pits, and yes they are aggressive. It takes responsibility and an attentive owner to avoid circumstances like these.

I won't go into details, but I would sincerely hope that people would quit with "get rid of the breed" slander that I see on the internet. Just like any other animal known today, including humans, every breed has bad apples.

Sorry to hear this Andy, I'm praying for a complete recovery. I cant understand why people arent getting the message, these are nasty dogs!!!!! :evil:

shamoo said:
Sorry to hear this Andy, I'm praying for a complete recovery. I cant understand why people arent getting the message, these are nasty dogs!!!!! :evil:
Thanks to the media. Dog bites don't just come from Pit Bulls, but people sure do pay attention when the circumstance involves them.

Latest posts