Glad its over..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoonce

Reaction score
I had to have my son at a Taekwondo tourney early this morning. This thing lasted all day. Wasnt too bad for the most part. My son took 1st in forms, 3rd in board breaking and 2nd in sparring. This is the kicker, while sparring for 1st place he took an awsome kick to the side. We thought he had broke some ribs. He had to forfiet due to not being able to breathe. Now in the meantime while Im trying to watch my son fight, someone next to me decides he wants to mouth my son pretty bad of course I mouth back and kind of make an invitation, well Im not able to follow through with anything due to the fact that this guys wife decided she wanted to chime in and low and behold my wife came from nowhere and it was on. Nothing physical but after being married for 25yrs I had never seen this side of her. Best part about it is I got it on tape. My son conceded defeat, congratulated the winner on a good fight prior to seeking medical attention and then limped out with his head held high. I was so proud of him. It showed me that we can learn something from 10 year old kids. (Just wondering what I want for my b'day since Ive got a good blackmail video).

He was yelling at a 10 YEAR OLD?!?! Seriously?!?! Bring him on - I don't care how much Taekwondo he might know.

If you want to yell $_ _ _, pay to go to a pro game and yell at the guys getting paid.

What a terrible person.

Yeh, my boy was doubled over holding his ribs gasping for air and we heard, "stay on him, go ahead and hurt him, he's scared." That was the wrong thing to say. We took it from there. The surprising thing is that these folks had no connections to this kid. And not to take anything away from this kid he was a powerhouse. These adults just showed their true character. It was about as bad as a T-ball game.

Those adults yelling at your son sound as if they belong in a Karate Kid movie, where bad sportsmanship is diplayed by the opponent's coach. Good to hear your son is okay, and congrats on his accomplishments! 8)

There should be a law agaisnt people like that, if they are at a childrens sporting event and start that crap, they should be booted out.

The whole thing about sports is to teach these kids dicipline, fair play and sportsmanship. Then you have these idiots.

I am glad to hear your son is ok and he did very well.

Glad your son is ok, and congrats on how well he did. Hopefully these "socalled" adults will learn a lesson from the kids.

On a side note, I would have probably had to go to the hospital to have my foot removed from someones mouth. Well thats what I would have wanted to do anyways... I know it's hard to refrain from kicking the poop out of someone for being so stupid, I went through the same thing with my girls playing softball.

So from you guys who have been thru this before, what is the correct reaction? I always clap and shout for good competitive plays on both sides. But I know I'll hear someone deriding my kids at some point.

I know you will get idiots everywhere, but dang. I don't know if I could hold back. Most don't really want a direct confrontation anyway, but I don't want to make the local news either...

Latest posts