Wired 2 Fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Just browing Wired2fish.com and saw an interesting topic "Fixing up your boat..."

I scrolled on down the page and saw something familiar - MY BOAT!! https://wired2fish.com/WhatsUp.aspx?ArticleID=3412

I think they were promoting FishmatePro... went to their website and saw even more pictures... https://www.fishmatepro.com/Livewells.php

I should start charging royalties. It's amazing how many times I've found myself on other peoples websites and didn't even know about it

russ010 said:
I should start charging royalties. It's amazing how many times I've found myself on other peoples websites and didn't even know about it

Dang right, you should.

Legally, they are not supposed to be using your pictures without your permission (and potentially paying you for them). Sealock should know better. Want me to slap him around for you? :lol:

I'd sure mention it to them, however, not quite sure, but if the pic is on the internet it might be considered public domain.

Checked out the links you posted, and I didn't see your rig, just a good-lookin' blonde in a bikini :) . J/K, saw your rig and the blonde. 8)

Waterwings said:
I'd sure mention it to them, however, not quite sure, but if the pic is on the internet it might be considered public domain.

Even photos on the internet are considered copyrighted. Hotlinking images from other sites without the permission of the owner of the photograph (or the web host) can potentially land you in a lot of trouble, even though it is extremely easy to do and everyone does it.

The offer to personally slap Sealock around still stands. :mrgreen:

y'all know I could give a rat's hiney about where my pics wind up at - I was just being funny.

I sent my pics to Danny at FishmatePro... I figured he'd use them, just didn't know it would be that quick or that they'd wind up on W2F. I owe a lot to them guys, they can use anything they want to.

I'm not sure about them sponsoring anymore...

Jim said:
Hey Russ,
I think it is awesome bud! :beer:

Oh by the way, I used your build on a youtube slideshow. 8) :D

Is that a new one then JIM post link
as i like them thangs.

As a follow-up to copyrights, etc., I did some searching:

"...If the photograph you want to use includes an identifiable person and you want to use the photo commercially (in an advertisement, say), you’ll need to get permission. If you don’t, you could violate his or her publicity or privacy rights...."

Excepted from: (some interesting reading if you want if concerned about the stuff that is on the interent and other items)
https://www.publicdomainsherpa.com/public-domain-photos.html

And for those that use digital cameras, there's the EXIF data: I'll post this over at the Photography forum. EXIF is kind of a built-in copyright for digital photos, if your camera has that function.

WW, I just realized my camera has that function... just never knew what it stood for.

Oh well, copyrights, lawsuits and all that other jazz just ain't me... enjoy the pictures boys, and use them however the heck you want to (just don't put a turbin on me or in a fixed picture with PRESBO, that's immediate copyright infringement! :twisted: ) :lol:

russ010 said:
(just don't put a turbin on me or in a fixed picture with PRESBO, that's immediate copyright infringement! :twisted: ) :lol:

That'll proabably get um a trip out behind the wood shed ;-)

I think it's great that they're showing off your handy work.

2nd link has your letter to them and the tinboats.net link your name and pics. your are a promo for them! I would ask where the check is.