Corpus Christi , Texas fishing info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbass

Reaction score
My son just moved to Corpus and loves to fish. Anyone on this site have any info I can pass on to him about fishing in the area? He has lots of experience fishing along the Louisiana marsh and coast. He doesn't have a boat though so he may have to do some wade fishing for specks and reds. He does fly fish some. Any good fresh water near by? I plan to visit him soon and will bring my PT 175 Tracker but it is not a good Gulf boat so I will look for a fresh water lake. Thanks.... :)

I used to fish quite a bit down there. Mostly around Rockport, Aransas Pass and Ingleside. Rockport has Little Bay and there are the flats between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas (need a boat for a lot of that though) Never fished in Corpus itself but I hear Bob Hall Pier is a good place. Also Portland has a fishing pier and flats area that produces good Speckled Trout and Flounder. The best place in Ingleside is now off limits due to it's close proximity to the Navy Base according to Homeland Security. I'll try to find some maps and high llight areas I am talking about. I might have to send them to your email box for you to see them. I'll let you know. I have PT 190 TX that I will be putting in the salt water when I go down there. Just remember to flush and rinse thouroughly after salt water use. I emailed Mercury about salt water compatability and their motors and they said they do not make a "salt" version as ALL of their motors are salt water compatable.

Thanks Andy, I have pasted on the info to my son in Corpus......I am use to dealing with salt water, I live on the Gulf Coast and fish in brackish water 90% of the time and as you said, I wash and flush everything on my return home. Never have any problems as long as you clean everything with fresh water. thanks again, kenny[/b]

I grew up just south of Corpus, in Kingsville. I haven't been down there in a number of years, but we always fished Baffin Bay, in Kleberg County, just south of Kingsville.

Latest posts