What did you learn in 2007?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Here are a few things that I learned:

1. Finally got a good and not to hard to tie knot for joining braid to floro leaders
https://www.netknots.com/html/seaguar.html

2. Do not talk on the cell phone while standing on a rock at the edge of the lake!

3. If you do talk on the phone while standing on a rock at the edge of teh lake and drop your phone in the water, remove battery ASAP, heat your oven to about 150*, turn off the oven and place phone in the warm oven overnight - fixed mine 2 times;

4. A t-rigged tube with a bullet weight works great for river smallies and snags less then one on a tube jig;

5. If you loose your fishing license the PA Fish and Game officer can look it up online - if you bought an online license;

6. Do not show too many people your "secret" spots, you might see a report on the net with a familiar background;

7. Do not take a long trip to fish new water unless you check the weather, twice!

Your turn:

-run trailer hooks on spinnerbaits and chatterbaits, you may need them
-Zoom Speed Craws work
-Channel Cats will eat size 14 emerger patterns
-Tournament fishing is fun as hell
-Shimano Crucial rods are awesome
-Flurocarbon lines do stretch, nothing feels as good braid

things I learned...
1) esquired is BOSS..
2) having brown lips ain't that bad
3) movies rock
4) you haven't fished in rough water until you fish lake Ontario with 14 ft rollers in a 21 ft bass boat.
5) drop shot fishing is fun but slow
6) Derek IS still LORD OF THE SMALLIES
7)peoples choice baits catch fish
8)I HATE floro
9)little Anth IS THE POST MAN !!!!

but the best most important thing I have learned this year is.......
Jim runs the best fishing/boating site on the web

I can't wait to see what we have in store for 2008
Wayne

Learned a whole lot....just don't remember it all!!! One thing I do remember is just because it says it's a secured web site doesn't always mean it is :evil: