Starting a Bass Fishing Club at my school

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakl...Bass-Fishing-Club/112114912141054?v=info&ref=

All the information can be found at the above link. Very longggggg story short, I need 12 active student members to be considered an official club sport. After that, and a ton of organizational stuff, I'll be on my way to fishing FLW college tournaments.

I have a buddy that fishes for Michigan State, and he said it's a blast. I'm really hoping to get this thing off the ground in time for the 2010 season. The tough part will be getting 12 active members, 6 of which who are willing to help me with the organization of the club, including an extensive budget.

So I figured I'd drop the link here on tinboats, and get some input from those of you with more tournament experience than me.

Things are actually moving pretty quick. Within 12 hours, I've gotten quite a few people on board, including one girl. One guy has been tournament fishing for 5 years, so it sounds like I know who I'll be fishing with come FLW time :lol:

ive been trying to get this done at my college (arkansas state university)... there's at least 2 or 3 other colleges in arkansas that already have them and 1 or 2 of them is smaller than us. do you provide the boats or how do you plan on going about that? i watch the tournaments on tv from time to time when they show them and it looks like a lot of fun! Good Luck!

Well for inter-squad tournaments we'll have to divide the boaters up with non boaters.

For FLW, they provide a pro and their boat to drive you around all weekend. Pretty nice, considering it only cost you the 35 buck annual membership

dyeguy1212 said:
For FLW, they provide a pro and their boat to drive you around all weekend. Pretty nice, considering it only cost you the 35 buck annual membership

Don't you only get one "free"?

FLW hq is about 15 minutes from my house and one of my fishing partners and another friend used to be the editors for their magazine(s). I also duck hunt with one of their tournament support employees. I actually used to travel around the eastern US helping conduct tournaments for them when it was still the Red Man Tournament Trail. My aunt and uncle were tournament directors.

Our local college club has a whole host of sponsors supporting them to fish the tournament circuit. Another one of my buddies is one of their major sponsors.

https://campus.murraystate.edu/org/bass.anglers/MSUBassClub/home.htm

Good luck with your club.

https://www.collegefishing.com/overview.cfm

Doesnt say anything about only getting one free. I don't really think many schools would be able to do it otherwise. Most college kids don't have 40K bass boats.

Some other tournaments (may be FLW may not be) just provide you a local boater for the weekend, not a pro. I don;t know if FLW does this or not.

My school has one..probably the best in the country with 2 national collegiate championships.

Feel free to check out their website and constitution if you need some help with organizational stuff

They run a point system based on attendance and club tournament finishes and obviously those with highest point totals fish the big events. They have it setup so you need to join as as freshmen and be a very active member to be tourney fishing by Jr. or SR. year, which is a good way to go if you ask me.

basspack.org

LOWEshooter829 said:
My school has one..probably the best in the country with 2 national collegiate championships.

Feel free to check out their website and constitution if you need some help with organizational stuff

They run a point system based on attendance and club tournament finishes and obviously those with highest point totals fish the big events. They have it setup so you need to join as as freshmen and be a very active member to be tourney fishing by Jr. or SR. year, which is a good way to go if you ask me.

basspack.org

I like the sounds of that... thanks for the input!