Tinboats Tournament August 21st - Bloomington, IL!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
The WI/IL tinboats.net group is holding our very first get together/tournament on August 21st. I spoke to Jim and we would like to open it up to any tinboater who would like to attend. We'd love to meet you, see your rig, and have a great time fishing with/against you. Entry fees are very reasonable, and there is a panfish division as well. Looking forward to a great time!

The list of those attending (as of 5-4):
wasilvers
Hanr3
BYOB Fishing
Perchin
SmallieJonze
po1
ITguy
and a few "maybes"

The first WI/IL Tinboats.net group tournament is officially scheduled for August 21, 2010 at Evergreen Lake just north of Bloomington Illinois. Should be good fishing with a great group! There is plenty of camping available for anyone who wants to get there early or stay later. I’ll be arriving Friday morning with the family and staying till Sunday. The park details can be found here – just use the links on the left side of the page – looks like great swimming, hiking, camping, fishing, etc.. (https://www.mcleancountyil.gov/Parks/)

Format – This tournament/get together will have something for everyone. Fishing starts at 6:30am and runs till 3:30pm. Entry fee is only $25 per boat - payouts are 100%! There are 2 divisions – Bass and Pan fish. Entry to the tournament automatically enters you in both categories.
  • Bass – The bass portion is a paper tournament (you measure, record, and release) – top 3 bass will count towards your day’s total, but you can continue fishing till the tournament ends. To win ‘BIG BASS’, your biggest catch must be brought to the weigh in to be weighed, recorded, and released by a tournament official (me). I expected a lot of lunkers for the pictures!

• Pan fish – The pan fish portion of the tournament will be decided by the total weight of 3 (yes only three) pan fish. They must be brought to the weigh in alive and healthy where they will be weighed, recorded, and released by a tournament official. We might have a close race with just 3 to weigh! In the event of a tie, winner will be decided by total length of catch. Pan fish will only count if it is a crappie, bluegill, sunfish, or pumpkinseed (if I left a common panfish out, let me know).

Camping/Hotels – Camping reservations (just $18 for a spot with electric) are available and can be made by phone at (309) 726-2022 ext.221. I know not everyone enjoys camping out so here is a list of hotels available in this area – https://www.bloomingtonnormalcvb.org/accommodations.cfm

Maps
  • A rough lake map can be found here - https://www.mcleancountyil.gov/Parks/pdf/lakemap.pdf
  • A google map of the area is here - doesn’t this just look like it holds a lot of fish - https://maps.google.com/maps?%20hnear=Bloomington,+McLean,+Illinois&ll=40.636492,-89.034405&spn=0.032111,0.084543&t=h&z=14

Other Information -
  • To bring live fish to the weigh-in, you must have a functioning live well per the lake administrators.
  • If you do not have a livewell, you can still participate in the bass portion.
  • There is a 10 horsepower limit on the lake. Bigger motors can only be used for loading or unloading. The lake has plenty of access to great fishing by electric motor only – which I’ll be doing.
  • There is a lake use fee of $16 a day (or $45 annual). Just think of it as a launch fee and smile!
  • If you’d like to come but don’t want to tow your boat, let me know and maybe we can hook you up with another tinboater for the day.

Contact Info - Contact me via private message to confirm entry- I’ll send you my cell phone if you have any questions. You can register for the tournament up to the morning of, but they would like a total count of boats the week before tournament starts. Also feel free to post here if you want to let others know you’re coming.

To ensure we are not too exclusive, we are opening this up to all tinboaters who want to make the trip. As always, this is subject to change at any time, for any reason. Hope to see you there!

Will

The date has officially been approved as August 21st - we are fully approved and ready to go!

See you there,

8)

Im local (Peoria area, 45mins from lake), any questions ASK?

Camped at Comlara Park numerous times.

If your bringing your family and they aren't going fishing there are activities for them as well.
It is a great park. If oyu are camping, dont bring your own firewood. They have it, not sure if there is a charge or not. We always camp at one of the youth group sites witht eh BoyScouts over Memorial Day weekend, and will be again this year.

This year they removed the size restriction on Crappie, used to be a 9" or larger size restriction, 25 creel limit. Now its any size 15 creel limit.

Besides Crappie, Large and Small Mouth Bass they have Walleye, Sauger, and thier Hybrids, plus Musky. Bring your big poles for the Musky, 48" lentgh limit. To see the other fish in the lake check out the fishing reports.
Its a great fishery. One of the jewels in Central Illinois.

Im planning on attending.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
You can check out my build in person too.
Link to build in my sig.

Fishing Reports by local anglers.
https://www.larrysfishinghole.com/
Left side

If you are camping and would like some pictures of various sites let me know. Ill see what I can do to get them to you.

If I can get a count of participants a couple of weeks beforehand, I can put together a nice little gift bag for everyone!

BYOB Fishing said:
If I can get a count of participants a couple of weeks beforehand, I can put together a nice little gift bag for everyone!

Heck yeah!, I'm going to get on the list by saying IN, and bringing tanativly bringing one newby along with me. If he gets permission to come out and play :LOL2:

I'll have to check on the homefront, that's right in our Summer vacation time so I'm tentative at best. I'd sure like to go though!

So I can bring my fishing partner to this???(my wife). Meaning can she fish the tournament with me in my boat? I'm thinking that's the only way she will see eye to eye with me on this one :mrgreen:

You can bring a wife or girlfriend as your fishing partner, just don't bring both :shock: To make if fair, just have them register on tinboats.net as a member first - then they are good to go!

The location we chose and the fishing contest is designed to be family friendly. So if you fish with a wife or kid and they can catch the heck out of panfish, they have a great shot at placing in the panfish division. If you can't catch anything but bass, go for it. It's all about fun, with a little gas money and bragging rights for the best fishermen that day.

The entry $ is per person fishing and they keep track of their own fish. So if two are fishing from a boat, 2 entry's need to be made, and you can win 2x as well. Just no sharing fish.

Will

wasilvers said:
You can bring a wife or girlfriend as your fishing partner, just don't bring both :shock: To make if fair, just have them register on tinboats.net as a member first - then they are good to go!

The entry $ is per person fishing and they keep track of their own fish. So if two are fishing from a boat, 2 entry's need to be made, and you can win 2x as well. Just no sharing fish.

Will

Will,

Why would a wife have to register to participate, as long as my wife is in my boat, pays the entry fee, why does she have to be a member? She never goes on the site and only fishes with me cause she like to get out sometimes. To have her sign up on TinBoats only means another non-active member on the member list.

I can understand not allowing non-members to participate, but my wife? Or what about another member's young son, etc?

Just curious....

I would say that we sure could use some fairer members on the site :lol:

Since it's a Tinboats.net tournament, I believe it best that they at least look at the site, if only to register. Perhaps they might even stick around. I didn't place any other restrictions like post counts or time of membership. Just that they tell let us know they are tinboats members.

If this is an issue, we can modify it to one in the boat being a member. I mean, we are making our own rules here. The only regs we are stuck on is start/end time and tournament format. Otherwise we can modify as we need to.

As we get closer I'll post a list of lake rules, some tourney rules (plagarized from other tinboats groups), and a hold-harmless agreement that we'll each have to sign (just to protect tinboats.net and the park from anyone being an idiot and getting themselve hurt).

The day is goint to be fun!

wasilvers said:

I agree with that for sure.... :)

It's not an issue, and certainly anyone's wife, son, daughter, girlfriend, etc., can sign up on tinboats - just don't see the need to add more non-active members names to the roles for no reason except to fish with a husband, father, etc.

No big deal either way, I can easily type in my wife's name and screen name so she can ride in the boat and fish, but I'd only be clogging up the site with another name who will never go to the site or make any posts - not an active member....

No big deal, whatever you decide is fine, it's just my opinion. Maybe Jim has an opinion on adding dormant names to the membership list? Maybe there is a benefit to more members, whether active or not???

FishingCop said:
wasilvers said:

I agree with that for sure.... :)

It's not an issue, and certainly anyone's wife, son, daughter, girlfriend, etc., can sign up on tinboats - just don't see the need to add more non-active members names to the roles for no reason except to fish with a husband, father, etc.

No big deal either way, I can easily type in my wife's name and screen name so she can ride in the boat and fish, but I'd only be clogging up the site with another name who will never go to the site or make any posts - not an active member....

No big deal, whatever you decide is fine, it's just my opinion. Maybe Jim has an opinion on adding dormant names to the membership list? Maybe there is a benefit to more members, whether active or not???

x2

I would rather not have penciled in non active members. :LOL2: Advertising fees are based on membership numbers here at TinBoats.net

Maybe a "boat fee" to enter the tournament as long as one member of the Boat is a TinBoats.net member?

Thanks Jim! - So one in the boat should be a member of Tinboats. No need to sign up your wife as a member - unless you want her telling us the actual length/weight of all your best catches or how many tries it really took to get the boat straignt on the ramp this spring :LOL2:

wasilvers said:
Thanks Jim! - So one in the boat should be a member of Tinboats. No need to sign up your wife as a member - unless you want her telling us the actual length/weight of all your best catches or how many tries it really took to get the boat straignt on the ramp this spring :LOL2:

A good resolve to the issue, I kinda thought that dormant members weren't a good thing and the "boat fee" makes sense.

Thanks Will, for organizing the event. =D>

I hope to be able to participate but I won't know until it gets closer?? But whether I can make it or not, it will be a great day for TinBoats members who can be there :)

As of right now We are planning on joining in on this event :D I guess we'll need to tent it cuz I can't pull the boat and the camper :x

Made reservations today for the 20th and 21st. Took spot #39 - by the water, in sight of the restrooms, fresh water close, and by some boat docks (not sure if I can use them, but I'm close anyway).

Feel free to stop by Friday and say Howdy.

I know it's early but I'm getting excited already!

Latest posts