How bout them schroomers in the house....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honers

Reaction score
Thought it was a little early here in central illinois but by golly we're findin em...no monsters but a dozen of em makes for a good meal...

anybody else enjoy this hobby....it's great to put two different hunts into one day...find the sheds and look for schrooms...

what is the best strategy you all do to find these hard to see morels....

i like to look for the moss ladin hillsides where i find most of em...any other ideas as to what to look for when hunting...and remember if you make something up.... :---) ...your a dead give away

Growing up in France we hunted morells all the time, these things grow over night, living here I have been somewhat succesfull but more difficult, look for late April/ May showers followed by sunny days, where you find them one day is the same the next days, over and over. Filtered sun, under bushes or in dense places like where rabbits live.

I found my first morels here in Clark County, Ohio, on April 9. That's early for this area. Especially when I'm finding nice yellows.

Found about 100 so far. Looked the past couple days and found nothing. It hasn't rained here for a couple weeks. Rain is expected the next four days so the morels should start popping-up again.

As easy a walking out of the barn!!!! These were from a couple of years ago at my father's property. He's always got em' out there.... weird how they grow in the oddest of places. Funny thing is I like picking them and hunting em', Just don't like eating mushrooms. :shock:

Mushrooms by Barn 5-08 (1).jpg

Mushrooms by Barn 5-08 (4).jpg

Mushrooms by Barn 5-08 (5).jpg

Mushrooms by Barn 5-08 (6).jpg

My family loves to hunt and eat morels. We haven't found any this year yet. Here is some from last year.

Attachments

• DSC02294.jpg
    DSC02294.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 667
I take it these aren't the shrooms you find under cow patties!... no hallucinations coming from your shrooms I guess

blazinmoto said:
My family loves to hunt and eat morels. We haven't found any this year yet. Here is some from last year.

Your son should have his own commercial. Thats a good pic.

russ010 said:
I take it these aren't the shrooms you find under cow patties!... no hallucinations coming from your shrooms I guess

Yeah Russ, I definately clicked on this topic for all the wrong reasons. But now I wanna try a new kind of mushrooms: Morells. :LOL2: :LOL2:

some guys were eating shrooms when I was in college. I had never seen or heard of it so I asked what they were eating.. about an hour later they were zoned out. Needless to say I have never eaten them (luckily I'm allergic to all mushrooms)

Haven't been out alot looking, but have found a few dozen. Blacks mostly. Whites should be up good this weekend.. I found it easier to spot them looking up hill, and yes they'll grow in some of the hardest places to get to... like in the middle of a briar patch...

Happy hunting guys. :beer:

Latest posts