Thanks To Jim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
A few days ago, there was a post from Jim about some members being a little aggressive in their comments - an admonishment was posted reminding all of us about the principles of this site. It was locked, so no replies were allowed. The post was timely and appropriate and I also (as many other members surely did also) noticed the negative responses to some posts.

Thanks Jim for reminding us what this site is all about.
Thanks Jim for maintaining the professionalism and quality of this site.
Thanks Jim for keeping us in our place (when needed) and for spending so much of your time regulating, organizing, maintaining and overseeing the posts on this really wonderful site.
(okay, I'm really kissing a** now) but, it is all meant in all seriousness and from the heart.

When I joined, there were fewer than 100 members. Many have gone, many have stayed, many are active, many are not. But one thing for sure, many, many more have joined - now at 2800 members, nation (world) wide, this site is recognized as a top notch, quality fishing site.

While, much credit goes to the regular, old time and new members, the vast amount of credit goes to Jim for everything he has done over the past few years to make TinBoats.net, the best site on the internet and set the standard bearer for all fishing sites.

Thanks Jim - you done good =D> =D> =D> =D>

And a big thank you goes out to all the sponsors, moderators and other helpers that keep the site running, viable and interesting. =D> =D>

(okay Jim, can I win something now??? :) :) :)

You know, I joined this site almost a year ago. I was fairly new to fishing and VERY new to boat ownership. Through my time on here Yes, I have seen a bit of bickering, but at the same time, I have been helped by a lot of people on here.
Folks, it is human nature that not everyone is going to get along or agree all the time. Egos some time get in the way, and when that happens, you have to step back and thank about what you say and what is said.
The sad thing about the written word is it lacks expression. Some times what is written can be misconstrued in its true meaning and that can cause issues between people.

As you said FC. Thanks to Jim for this site, and all that are involved in keeping this site going. Also thanks to those who have helped me and have not tried to take my ignorance and mold it is to complete stupidity. I have had that happen too many times and it leads to nothing but dissention in the future.

FishingCop said:
A few days ago, there was a post from Jim about some members being a little aggressive in their comments - an admonishment was posted reminding all of us about the principles of this site. It was locked, so no replies were allowed. The post was timely and appropriate and I also (as many other members surely did also) noticed the negative responses to some posts.

Thanks Jim for reminding us what this site is all about.
Thanks Jim for maintaining the professionalism and quality of this site.
Thanks Jim for keeping us in our place (when needed) and for spending so much of your time regulating, organizing, maintaining and overseeing the posts on this really wonderful site.
(okay, I'm really kissing a** now) but, it is all meant in all seriousness and from the heart.

When I joined, there were fewer than 100 members. Many have gone, many have stayed, many are active, many are not. But one thing for sure, many, many more have joined - now at 2800 members, nation (world) wide, this site is recognized as a top notch, quality fishing site.

While, much credit goes to the regular, old time and new members, the vast amount of credit goes to Jim for everything he has done over the past few years to make TinBoats.net, the best site on the internet and set the standard bearer for all fishing sites.

Thanks Jim - you done good =D> =D> =D> =D>

And a big thank you goes out to all the sponsors, moderators and other helpers that keep the site running, viable and interesting. =D> =D>

(okay Jim, can I win something now??? :) :) :)

Good post. It's funny how much higher the standards are on TB compared to most other sites. This is by far the most mild site I've ever frequented, but its definitely a good thing.

The only issue I have, is the fact that everyone is so quick to point out a "problem" or label something a pissing match. The central role of the site is to express views and opinions, and theres nothing wrong with a little back and forth, as long as its respectful. And for the most part, its been a non-issue, thanks to the mods, and even members, stepping in and guiding things in the right direction.

Well said FC, Jim runs a quality place :D

If ya notice most bad comments are started off topic, advice would be to stay on the topic 8)

I have to agree, Tinboats is a great site. But GEEZ....Easy guys, Jim's head is gonna get so big, its gonna explode!
:lol: :LOL22:

I have to agree, someone has to draw the line, and when we start to get outside of it ...... someone has to make it bold, so that we don't forget where the lines actually are.

Great Site, and the Administrator, as well as the Moderators, should be commended on their efforts to keep it this way.

Thanks Guys.

Latest posts