First Post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
Hello folks!
Nice site you have here, I am especially pleased with the jon boat modification forum! I troll and occasionally post on numerous forums and recognize some of the names here. :wink: Glad to see so many Philly area peeps!

Great site you have here, and I look forward to posting some things when I actually get out fishing! :D Look for a post in the fairly near feature about my 14' V boat mod. Hopefully I can make the time here in the next month to get it going.

Welcome. Got a great bunch of people here.
Good luck on your boat.

BTW, did I mention, we are addicted to pictures? Keep us updated.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I live in Frankford roughly 5 minute drive from the arsenal launch on the Big D, depending on how I hit the light at Aramingo Av :wink: .

I know that area well I used to live on alcott st but moved up to bucks county. that part of the river holds some monster stripers in the spring

look forward to reading your reports

Wayne

bAcKpAiN said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, I live in Frankford roughly 5 minute drive from the arsenal launch on the Big D, depending on how I hit the light at Aramingo Av :wink: .

Nice, I'm in Fairmount. Do you fish the Skuke much?

I have never fished the skuke because of parking and transportation issues. Closest I have been is the wiss for trout and carp. Last spring I got a boat and talked about fishing it a million times but never got to it.
It has been slow in coming venturing far from the comfort of close to home. Last year I spent just getting the basics down of trailering and safely moving the boat etc without having or giving someone a heart attack.

One of my 08' goals is to catch some smallies, carp, and some flatheads in the skuke. Another is to learn to fish the Big D both close to home and above Trenton. There HAS to be more than channel cats and carp in that river! I have just never fished a river from a boat, so It is like ok, What do I do?! Anchor? Drift? Try trolling? So yea, I plan on figuring it out somewhat this year! :twisted:

I love fishing both the Skuke and the Big D (especially above New Hope)

Both are best fished either free drifting or dragging a drift anchor.

Welcome! You'll love it here! Cool giveaways, a lot of anglers from your location, lots of info/tips, and relatively cool members :p . Just messin' the members are what make this forum so awesome! Stick around!

bAcKpAiN said:
Another is to learn to fish the Big D both close to home . There HAS to be more than channel cats and carp in that river!
Here are A few fish from the lower river last spring .
P1030525.jpg

P1030524.jpg

P1030518.jpg

P1030512.jpg

P1030510.jpg

:shock:
Thats what I am talking about!

When you say "lower river" I assume you mean the tidal section, but how far south if you don't mind my asking? I have seen fishing shows of guys fishing for smallies and largies down near the CBB. Again, my question, do you drift and cast, or anchor up near likely spots? The river can really RIP as far as current goes where I am located.

Let me just say all those fish were caught within 15 miles of the Arsenal ramp.
I would use my big motor to reach the area the use the trolling motor to move around the shore to fish the junk piles.
I refer fishing the out going tide the last 2 hours of the tide the current slows down a bunch .
I fished many of these spots with my old Coleman crawdad and just a trolling motor

Latest posts