Cable? Dish Network? Direct TV? or ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
What do you use? Does it have good outdoor fishing/hunting channels?

I'm looking to upgrade from my 10 year old Dish network receiver which is dying and maybe switching services. If there isn't anything better out there then the Dish 922 Slingloaded DVR looks pretty darn cool to me... https://www.dishnetwork.com/receivers/vip922/default.aspx

I have had Direct TV for about 5 years and have had few problems. I have had friends that have switched to other carriers and have been sorry because in this area Direct tv has a lot better customer service. They have some good outdoor channels but I would think all the carriers have about the same. The customer service is what keeps me there.

I've got DirecTV... if you want the Outdoor channel, you have to buy the extra channel package. There are a few other channels that has fishing and hunting on it, but nothing like the Outdoor Channel. I wish they'd bring Versus back, they took that channel off near the end of last year.

Inlaws have Dish Network, and it has it's positives and negatives too.. few different channels.

Look for the carrier that has World Fishing Network (WFN)... that would be all I'd ever watch, but can't get it on DirecTV

Thanks for the tip. I priced my Dish Network upgrade last night, $50 for year 1, with $200 down on the cool box. Then it goes up to $70. Not bad, but not great.

we've got super old school dish network just the plain jane basic package with only 1 or 2 good channels

the recession sure does suck i miss outdoor channel !

my satellite bill is around $115... Starz, Showtime, Outdoor Channel, and HighDef .. that price includes 3 total receivers

I've had just about every cable company/satellite company known to man in the U.S. Comcast, Cox, and about 5 others from being in the military. I've also had Dish Network and DirecTV; hands down winner is Dish Network.

Not only is their service time much shorter (in case you need a technician), their prices have always been competitive. Their HD DVR's have an enormous amount of space for recording, and their HD picture is pristine.

Currently on Comcast, and cannot stand it. They're expensive, their HD is comparably terrible, and their cable boxes are junk. Their internet rocks though; just wanted to throw that out there.

I didn't mind directv until we lost versus. now we get nothing worth watching, unless you get up early on the weekend and watch espn2 :roll:

I'm a big fan for direct tv. I had dish before and wasn't pleased. And the local cable company (Time Warner) is a joke except for their internet.

Have had Direct TV since '95 , have been pleased.......Highly recommend paying for the DVR!!! makes recording shows sooooo easy, one or every episode.

fish devil said:
:evil: DirecTV all the way. By the way Versus is back up again.

gonna have to look at that... as soon as tiffany lets me change the channel.... thanks FD!

dyeguy1212 said:
I didn't mind directv until we lost versus. now we get nothing worth watching, unless you get up early on the weekend and watch espn2 :roll:

Versus is back.. channel 603.. I was ticked when it left too.. The $ raised 3 fold for versus and DTV did not want to pass the increase to the customer, they finally reached an agreement..

I actually work for DirecTV in their I.T. Department for one of their customer service call centers.. :)

I can give you my friends and family discount, if you want.. PM me.. its only good for new account/installs though..

russ010 said:
my satellite bill is around $115... Starz, Showtime, Outdoor Channel, and HighDef .. that price includes 3 total receivers

Being a company employee for DirecTV, I get all of that for FREE, even game lounge all the HBOs Showtimes, DVR, HD service, free installation, free receivers ( up to 5 in the home). Only thing I dont get is payperviews, and the fights and special events that cost extra.. 8) 8) :twisted:

cyberflexx-now you did it, your IM box will be bursting! DirecTV really looks nice!

My uncle works for Dish and he gets a pretty good discount on everything, but not free. Maybe I should go to work for you guys!

Had DirecTV for years, as soon as the cable company FINALLY would come down my road, I switched. That was 4 -5 years ago. Get local channels, high speed internet instead of dial - up, switched the phone to Vonage at $24.95 / month instead of the old phone company $75 / month. Plus they gave me $300 for my old DirecTV receiver. Got about the same programming.

Have had Dish for around 5years now.Everything was fine until this winter when they decided not to carry the St.Louis Blues hockey games(to keep the cost of broadcasting down for their valued customers).Well, the only reason I got Dish was to be able to see all the Blues hockey games.since they took that away from me I plan on NOT recieving Dish network after our contract expires.I wish that ATT Uverse would get out my way,If it were now DISH WOULD BE HISTORY. " NOW"!

Latest posts