I got screwed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I found this in my shoe today - must have hitched a ride when I was cleaning out the boat for the rebuild. Not sure where it came from, but it sure didn't hold up well. It has outlasted the plywood though, so I don't think it's really all that old.

2010-04-09_screw_from_boat.JPG

did it go through your shoe?

I have to get those dang shots in the military, so luckily I'm good for one about every 2 years

No, it didn't go through, it was in the heel of the shoe, so I guess you could say, my shoes have a flat now - the 'air cushion' caught it.

But good point, I need another one of those shots, my last surgery was over 7 years ago.

It's a Tetanus shot you guys are talking about, and they're good for 10 years. Unless you get something like a rusty screw in your foot, then you'll need a booster.

Russ, thats probably a typhoid shot you are talking about. You gotta get one of those every 2 years in the military to be prepared for international travel on a short notice. Unless you get a get a rusty screw in the foot or some other deep tissue wound every two years, you shouldnt be getting a Tetanus shot that often (unless the medical department has it out for you). :LOL2:

yea I know they are good for 10... but I generally have to get a booster atleast every 2 years from all the crap I play around with

russ010 said:
yea I know they are good for 10... but I generally have to get a booster atleast every 2 years from all the crap I play around with

Haha I was editing my post when you made your post. Thats funny man, you gotta be careful.

I had something similar the other day. I was walking around with my work boots on and I had a rock in there I could seem to shake loose. Turned out to be a 2" nail. Luckily it went into the tread, because if it would have been inbetween the tread, I would have been hurting.

Latest posts