I go out of town, wife comes home with this!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Last weekend, I went out of town for a 2 day bass tournament. When I get home, This thing was sitting in the driveway!.. 2010 Mercedes GL450 SUV. This thing is about the size of a Tahoe..

The rest of the story: My wife took her 2007 BMW X5 in for service a couple weeks ago, the service manager lady for BMW was a real B and snotty to my wife. They let her BMW sit there for 3 days before they even looked at it and had it there for over a week! BMW would not give a loaner car and luckily, one of my wife's employees let her drive one of his Mercedes until we would get the beamer back from the shop. Now, this is not the only BMW we have purchased from this dealership, and my mother in law and sister in law both drive them as well..My wife, being the business women that she is, went that weekend to the Mercedes dealership, test drove and picked out one she liked, took delivery on it and the following monday ( the day when her car would be ready ) she went in there, got out of her new Mercedes, parked it where the sales manager and service manager would see her get out. They knew she was waiting on a 2011 V8 Turbo X5 to come in and figured they already had the sale. She politely walked in, politically correct, gave them a polite peice of her mind about the service levels and the manager lady, and said Mercedes welcomed me with open arms and promised 1st class service with a loaner when needed. they will even come get it when needing oil change and drop me off a car!. She told them, my friend had let me drive his Mercedes all week since you wouldnt provide me with a loaner, and I fell in love with the styling and the way it handled..BMW, being a highclass car company used to give out loaners to good customers.. She told the sales manager if it wasnt for the service manager, he would have made another BMW roll off his lot. She paid a 300$ lease termination fee, ( it only had a month left on lease anyway) and walked away. He said well, if there is anything I can do in the future let me know.. She told him that the business already has a BMW ( her sisters, its really their company car - her and her sis are partners) and she will see how the service goes with it ( it was just in for service a month ago and got flak too ) but her sister was eye balling a hot little 2 door Volvo at the same dealership where she got her new SUV. She told them, in times of hard economy and people cutting back, you should do what you can to keep a customer because that customer will come back if treated well. It's hard to sell a high end vehicle in this economy. The sales manager agreed. Well my wife also went and wrote a formal complaint to BMW regional and to the dealership.

Oh.. on tuesday, the dealership sent a runner down to her office, said we forgot to detail your new mercedes. The left her a high end volvo to drive, took her merc. all the way to Charleston and gave it a NICE detail job, although it was clean anyway. Those tires were so SHINY! They brought her car back right at 5pm as they said they would. So if you ever need a new car and in WV check out Smith Motor Company, their service it top notch!

On to the pictures...

2010 Mercedes GL450 Loaded!

Attachments

• Newcar (2).jpg
    Newcar (2).jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 898
  • Newcar.jpg
    Newcar.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 898
  • Newcar (1).jpg
    Newcar (1).jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 898
Congrats on the new vehicle! 8) . When will businesses figure it out that, to keep customers these days, they're gonna have to have some really good customer service. Know what you mean by the pollen, as my wife and I both have black vehicles. makes me crazy.

Im sorry for your troubles at the dealership, but you gotta admit, having to choose a mercedes over the BMW because of customer service, well, thats a pretty good problem to have. Sound like a win/win to me. :D

Nice ride by the way 8)

Nice ride, but I didn't notice the rod holders. :wink:

Good economy or bad, service is the name of the game.

MassFisherman said:
Did you catch any fish? :fishing2:

out of the 2 days, the 1st day I caught 2 keepers and 0 keepers the second day. my partner blanked the 2nd day but the 1st day he caught 4 keepers. The weather changed, VERY windy and got colder on the 2nd day. Beats working though

Nice wheels!!!!! Congrats to your better half, I would have loved to see the look on their faces when she arrived, this will teach them, Take nothing for granted =D>

Well, I got to ride in the thing last night. I have been fighting the power and finally gave in. I did not drive it, we just took it to dinner. Man, that thing rides SMOOTH, now I know why I didnt want to ride in it. My Denali is no where that smooth. It has plenty of power coming from the 365HP V-8 engine. Plenty of leg room and the seats were pretty comfortable. I didnt get to test out the sound system since we had the kids with us and my wife wouldnt let me drive it home from dinner :shock: . She made the statement that I never let her drive mine, and I said, you never asked 8) .

cyberflexx said:
Well, I got to ride in the thing last night. .....and my wife wouldnt let me drive it home from dinner :shock: . She made the statement that I never let her drive mine, and I said, you never asked 8) .
Sooo... is your couch comfy too ?? :LOL2: :LOL2:

Latest posts