Car talk

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
Kid hauling topic!

So no mini-van it is according to the wife....

So Anyone own a Honda CR-V or Toyota Rav 4? If so what do you like and hate? I can't bring myself to build a larger gas hog....

The RAV-4 is pretty cool, when my moms old car **** the bed in 2003, she bought a 2003 RAV4, She didnt want another car, she wanted a little suv type for pretty much yard sales because it has alot of room, and just for a day to day car.

it not bad, all wheel drive, 4cyl, very good on gas... the only thing that my mother doesnt like about it, is that its not a 8cyl car that has great pick-up and speed.

but it would be great if you need it for the kids and has good room for cargo space

I have a buddy with a crv. It is pretty nice, although he doesn't tow with it. I just traded in my silverado and picked up a clean 05 Mountaineer and it is all wheel drive with a 6 cylinder. It really has plenty of room for the two kids and also has dvd player. It does a great job with the boat and even pulling a landscape trailer with a scag wildcat and two other mowers it does well. Over 20mpg hwy and gets around 12-13mpg pulling the 6x12 landscape trailer.

My sister's neighbor (an older couple) has a RAV-4 and they think it's too small. I like my Trailblazer. New Tahoe hybrid is supposed to get 20 MPG

Waterwings said:
Are you looking for something to pull the boat with also, or just a family vehicle? My daughter has a Chevy Cobalt that's great on gas.

Wife has a Honda Accord Coupe V6. Looks like a baby seat in the back seat will suck

flounderhead59 said:
My sister's neighbor (an older couple) has a RAV-4 and they think it's too small. I like my Trailblazer. New Tahoe hybrid is supposed to get 20 MPG

I'm not a Chevy fan unless its a TRUCK. Hybrids aren't cheap!

and in one year it will be worth half that in five next to nothing Surprised Cars eat money....

Under 16k is what I'm going for.

Exactly our Mountaineer is an 05 that we purchased in November. We paid 14,000 for it and it is premier which has every option and in mint condition. The original sticker which was in the glove box was $42,092. I will never buy a new car again.

alumacraftjoe said:
and in one year it will be worth half that in five next to nothing Surprised Cars eat money....

Under 16k is what I'm going for.

Exactly our Mountaineer is an 05 that we purchased in November. We paid 14,000 for it and it is premier which has every option and in mint condition. The original sticker which was in the glove box was $42,092. I will never buy a new car again.

< HUGE DAVE RAMSEY FAN! I go to one of his events every year. Live debt free is the only way.

Latest posts