Fishing in the North East....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
One thing we have up here is a lot of choices, dont know what different species you Southern boys are fishing for, This week for instance is opening of Nothern Pike and Walleye, the strippers are running in the Hudson river in Albany they are pulling out 40lbs fish, Trout season is heating up in the ponds and brooks, and Landlocked salmon are still being pulled out of Lake George and Schroon, life is good up here except I AM WORKING... :twisted: :twisted: so it goes, 5 more Years I'll be out there full time! Bass is OK, but the season is short, last Year summer lasted about 2 days...... Ice fishing is the long season! Well, just pondering on a slow work day. Some of you guys must be Bass fishing 9+ month a Year no? Thats nice, thats why investing in a nice bass rig is a strech up here, in June I am on the Ausable river Fly fishing! :mrgreen:

dude.. we bass fish 12 months a year down here in GA, and the best time to fish is when it's snowing!

We have people target bream, crappie, bass, striper, cats, gar... you name it, they fish for it if it's in the water

we don't have seasons for fish either

Froggy said:
12 month a year is good, but eating tasty fish is better......

Respectfully disagree. I'd rather be fishing all year long. If I want to eat tasty fish, I'll go buy it. And crappie is pretty good table fare if I ever want to keep what I catch.

Froggy said:
.... the strippers are running in the Hudson river in Albany....

Our strippers run around downtown, but I haven't caught any lately. :mrgreen:

We can catch Trout, Crappie, Walleye, Bream, Bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, white), Cats, Stripers, all year round. The only one I would like to get my hands on is some Salmon....that sounds good. I imagine the Pike and Musky fishing is good too.

Brine said:
Froggy said:
12 month a year is good, but eating tasty fish is better......

Respectfully disagree. I'd rather be fishing all year long. If I want to eat tasty fish, I'll go buy it. And crappie is pretty good table fare if I ever want to keep what I catch.

Froggy said:
.... the strippers are running in the Hudson river in Albany....

Our strippers run around downtown, but I haven't caught any lately. :mrgreen:

It more like what you catch from them :lol:

we do have walleye down here... I caught a 4lb'r while bass fishing, and once I figured out what it was (almost lipped it), cleaned my pants out and got the hook of the crankbait out of my butt when I got it in the boat, I was then told it was good table fare... I'll remember that next time before I throw it back

No seasons around here either. Bass, bream, crappie, cats, gar, some walleye, some stripers. I'd personally rather fish year round. If I want great table fare I'll hop on a charter and head to bluewater or head to the Chesapeake Bay for anything that might be out there.

Latest posts