Pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustFishN

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was just me. Every picture now is huge. They take up my whole screen and take forever to load and then shrink. Is it me or are people just not uploading them with the upload tool??

Jenn

LOL! Glad you asked. The downfall of the picture shrink addon for phpbb is that the shrinking part is done from your PC. So if people link huge pictures, depending on connection speed it could take forever. I feel your pain. I had to do it this way so we would not have to scroll left and right. If people could shrink there pics to 640x480 or even better 550xwhatever it would speed things up. But I can't mandate that. Im hoping the next version of PHPBB or other forum software will look at this issue.

I have used photobucket I can load any size photo for free and they store them and re size them so they load quickly
There are other hosting sites that work well

Wayne

Jim said:
LOL! Glad you asked. The downfall of the picture shrink addon for phpbb is that the shrinking part is done from your PC. So if people link huge pictures, depending on connection speed it could take forever. I feel your pain. I had to do it this way so we would not have to scroll left and right. If people could shrink there pics to 640x480 or even better 550xwhatever it would speed things up. But I can't mandate that. Im hoping the next version of PHPBB or other forum software will look at this issue.

ok!

Latest posts