A frosty one...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
It's 35° outside. I just went out to work on my boat and the pools of water on the boat cover from yesterday's rain were frozen. We are USDA zone 4 here in Minneapolis - our average last frost date is May 8th. This is the first time in my 30 years living here that I can remember frost this late. Glad I hadn't planted my garden yet!

I've only been alive for the past 27 but in Michigan we don't count out the frost untill around mid june!!! lol darn MI weather :evil:

Its about 65 here in ga, last week has been 88-89 everyday.. :mrgreen: I am burnt to a crisp after fishing the BANG tourney yesterday...

I live in Central Illinois and we usually have two seasons in my house. Heat and AC. This is the fist time in the past 20 some years where both have been off for more than a couple weeks at a time. She who is, did turn on the heat Sunday night, we had frost.

I too am glad I havent got the garden in the ground yet. It wont be this week either, supposed to rain all week, then it will have to dry before I can till it up. On the flip side, the weeds are growing like crazy, thank god I went with TruGreen this year.

Supposed to hit 80 today, with heavy wind and rain. Forecast to rain all week :( . I mowed the yard a notch lower on Sunday in an attempt to keep ahead of the grass. My yard seems to thrive & grow on heavy humidity, much less rain helping it along.

Man, it's gloomy here. We've had a couple days of 40's and rain. This weekend is the opener and I'm in the middle of putting the floor in my boat and no garage to work in.

I was wondering this morning about what farmers are doing. We had an early thaw and I assume farmers were out in the fields. If the fields are planted here this cool wet weather could be bad news if it doesn't let up soon. I know we need the rain - I heard a report just yesterday that boaters should expect trouble at the ramps because lake levels are 1-2' low. I guess it's hard to make everyone happy.

If there are boat ramps in heaven, I hope the lake levels are always just right and it only rains at night.

Good grief..... if it get any colder around here I'll have to pull this rig back out for some fishing.... :LOL2:

DSCN0263.JPG

89 here with 52% humidity(feels hotter). God bless Texas.

At lease for another couple of weeks then we start hitting 100+ for the better part of a couple to three months. :(