Feelin' Some Frustration!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahBassKicker

Reaction score
So I've been out 5 times since moding my boat and have been skunked every time. Granted, non of the trips have been ideal. Most have been only a few hours with the wife and 2 kids but still...I'm feeling a little frustrated. Had a few hits and have seen several bigens' but can't get a darn thing to the boat. Any great words of wisdom out there?

UtahBassKicker said:
So I've been out 5 times since moding my boat and have been skunked every time. Granted, non of the trips have been ideal. Most have been only a few hours with the wife and 2 kids but still...I'm feeling a little frustrated. Had a few hits and have seen several bigens' but can't get a darn thing to the boat. Any great words of wisdom out there?

stay confident and patient, you will get em!

You definatly know what your doing based on your avatar pic

So far this year, I have been having some success with a pearl white super fluke with a 1/16oz weighted 3/0 hook. The bubblegum color is also been good for me.

This bait has come through for me in the roughest conditions when the river current was strong, wind was high, and the water mirky. I was half expecting to get skunked.

Give it some time to sink. Then twitch it and give an erratic motion.

Crickets.... :LOL2:

Do you know what stage the bass are in by you?

In Ga, the spawn is wrapping up and the fish are slowly transitioning into their deep water hideouts. When the fish are in this stage, you can usually catch them at the end of laydows, or if you find the first break off a flat towards deeper water. Post spawn fish are sometimes tough to catch if they are still recovering from the spawn, and won't chase much. I like to throw smaller baits and work them slow to get these fish to bite. Otherwise, I'd run and gun and keep on the lookout for active fish up shallow.

Anytime I think there are fish around, but I can't get bit, I always have confidence throwing a 1/32 split shot rig with a green pumpkin trickworm, or a weightless senko.

If you can't stand fishing slow, I'd throw a crankbait/swimbait in a bluegill pattern.

Last but not least, you can always try sticking your toungue out the otherside of your mouth. :roll:

Good input, thanks for the enocouraging words guys :) Our water temps are just getting into the mid 60's and we're starting to see the fish in the shallows. Water temps here in Utah take awhile to heat up. I just got my TinBoats sticker yesterday and I'm deciding on the perfect spot. I'm sure that was the problem! :lol:

We all go through it, keep plugging away, the bass have to win once in awhile :mrgreen: Bang that shoreline with plastics.

UtahBassKicker said:

Sounds like my problem, I have no problems in my canoe or from the banks, but zero from my tin, since last Aug. I blame it on the paint color, yeah that's it. :LOL2:

juggernoob said:
UtahBassKicker said:

Sounds like my problem, I have no problems in my canoe or from the banks, but zero from my tin, since last Aug. I blame it on the paint color, yeah that's it. :LOL2:

You better get your TinBoats.net sticker put on. :) I'm sure that'll change my luck when I decide where to stick it. :)

Try going out six times!!! You know the ol'e saying "six times are a charm". If that doesn't work.....try seven times, you know the ol'e saying, "seven times are a charm". If that doesn't work, take the boat out of the pool and go to the lake.

Heck my boat hasn't even touched the water yet, season just opened for pike and waleye but bass doesn't open till the end of the month, :evil:

I know what you mean, I'm 4 and 0 over the last 10 days. I've tried everything and can't get 'em to bite.

Latest posts