Quiting smoking I am doing it...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugpac

Reaction score
After smoking for about 20 yrs i am officially on day 5, I had to get stuck in the hospital to do it but i am doing it, I am sticking to it... On another note i havent been here much this week as i got a bad infection in my right leg that put me in the hospital for 4 days, I am not out of the woods yet, they been giving me antibiotics, I got to come home today with about 50% swelling and redness left, to most they would be saying get to the er quick if you seen it now, anyhow i got to monitor it closely and if it woprsens at all i will be back for another 5 day stint, the docs are certain they got it under a bag and the oral antibiotics will finish it off for me.. So thats my life this week..

Sorry to hear that man, but I'm really glad to hear you're kicking cigarettes. I've (fortunately) never had to try to kick a habit like that, but I imagine its tough. If we see a big spike in the number of bannings, we'll know why :lol:

Good luck and get well man.

=D> =D> =D> Congrats on the stop smoking .....Keep us informed on how ya doing with the other problem...Hang in there bro....... JIGGY

Hang in there Bugpac..I quit 5 years ago after smoking for 41 years doing 3 packs a day...Believe me it will get easier the longer you hang with it. Hope the infection gets better soon... =D> =D>

Wow Bugpac, hope all goes well! [-o<

Good luck with the expensive, unhealthy, stinky habit. :wink:

I quit those when my son was Born.....9/11/01. I still get an urge now and then.

Good job man,
The first few weeks are the hardest. It will be a full year without smoking for me in june. I still can't brew coffee in the morning before work, Something about the sound of it perking and the smell through the house :shock: :shock: It makes my skin crawl, and chest tighten with anxiety. You'll have to learn to do things again, but without ciggs. I used to get up start the coffee and smoke 2 or 3 while it brewed, now I just stop at the gas station for a quick cup :D

On a side note Sorry to hear about your leg..... prayers sent out for ya man.

Just don't get addicted to nicorette now lol
I worked with an old man who quit somking about 10 years ago
Problem is he has been chewing niccortte ever since!

Good luck and hope your leg gets better!

Congrats on quitting smoking, I know it isn't fun , Feb 23rd was a year for me, the other post was right the longer you go the easier it gets . Best luck beating that infection too. You have my prayers for both! Pleas let us know how you are doing as time goes on

Good luck with the smoking Bug, out of all the things I quit I find quitting smoking the hardest (yes I still steal one now and again!) Hope that knee heals up too, keep us informed on how things go.

Thanks guys, so far the knee is not getting worse, I am developing a large cist on it now tho, it was tiny when i left, I think as the swelling goes down it is getting more visible, once that sucker gives ill probbaly feel 100% better, they didn't want to stick any needles in it and risk spreading the infection to the joint, he said it would go naturally but if it gets to big then they will relieve it.

Hey Bugpac, I just quit 4 months ago and feel great. I smoked for 12 years and dont remember having this much energy. Stay with it man, you will feel better both physicaly and mentally. You can do it, I did it cold turkey as well. On another note I hope you leg issue gets better and you can get back in the boat soon!

Bug, well wishes on getting the leg back to health. I hope you can stick it out on the not smoking. Just think of the extra money you'll have to spend on the bait monkey :)

I'm sure the guys on here that have quit would be more than happy to be your support group if needed.

Thanks guys. On a side note, my wife did bring me the mail in the hospital the other day, I got a big ol package from Jd-Baits, i could at least think about fishing anyways... =D>

Way to go on the smoking. I quit in 1996 after about 30 years of smoking. Sometimes I would still like to have a smoke with coffee and some big ol' piece of pie, but with me it's all or nothing. Let's not forget the cancer part of it too. One motivation you could try to keep on your goal is to put the money you didn't spend on smokes in a jar and spend it on fishing stuff. I bet you'd put together a lot of dough in a hurry at $4.00 or whatever a pack. Good luck and keep it up.

bobberboy said:
Way to go on the smoking. I quit in 1996 after about 30 years of smoking. Sometimes I would still like to have a smoke with coffee and some big ol' piece of pie, but with me it's all or nothing. Let's not forget the cancer part of it too. One motivation you could try to keep on your goal is to put the money you didn't spend on smokes in a jar and spend it on fishing stuff. I bet you'd put together a lot of dough in a hurry at $4.00 or whatever a pack. Good luck and keep it up.

$4 bucks? Try $8 and some change up here. Imagine the people that smoke 2-3 packs per day?

Jim said:
bobberboy said:

$4 bucks? Try $8 and some change up here. Imagine the people that smoke 2-3 packs per day?

You're kidding???? Holy cow, now I know why I don't smoke. That's a nice rod/reel every couple weeks.

Smoked for 22 years. 2 packs a day. Quit 2 different times for 2 months each time and started back always while out on the town. The last time I quit for good, cold turkey. Been quit for 4 years now. Best thing you can do.

Hate to hear about the knee. Tore mine up years ago and had to have it drained....Believe me when I tell you....you don't want them to have to drain it. I take pain really good and it hurt Like H**ll l!!!! Never want that again. Been cut with skillsaw on the leg and had 21 staples and it didn't hurt like that did.

Hope everything works out and the knee gets better.

Hey Bro!!!

FIRST OFF CONGRATS!!

I quit about 5 months ago and although the beginning is hell, you start to realize that everyone you see smoking is definitely not happy they are doing it.

keep it up, i feel so much better man. I started working out, breaking a sweat, and proving to myself i am not sucking tubes anymore..although I did suck tubes for a few weeks, it doesnt take that long to feel good even if you dont workout..

good luck, dont look back,. its so much better this way.

Latest posts