Bass Pro Shop coming to town.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanr3

Reaction score
They made the announcement yesterday on the radio, we are getting a Bass Pro Shop. Its going to be located on the Illinois River, in East Peoria, IL.

https://www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com/news/local/93711839.html
https://www.pjstar.com/news/x1381043871/Its-official-Bass-Pro-Shops-coming-to-East-Peoria

About time, now I dont have to drive 3 1/2 hours to visit one. :mrgreen:

Now if they would just put one in grand rapids, cablea's was supposedly going to get built, buy fell through.

Hey congrats!!!! It seems like our "new BPS" is taking forever but thats just a Jersey thing.

Yea Im stoked. Seems like its already dragging, and they havent even broke ground yet. :mrgreen:

First thing they have to do is drive 500 pillings down 70 feet to the bedrock, then they can start on the floor.

Waterwings said:
alumacraftjoe said:
You'll love it... have one 5 minutes from my house which is great although my wife doesn't think so :mrgreen:

Since the BPS in Nashville was flooded-out, I may just have to make the longer trip to the Clarksville store come summer :)

Let me know if u do. We could try and catch a few while your up here or at least find a place and have some lunch!

alumacraftjoe said:
Waterwings said:
alumacraftjoe said:
You'll love it... have one 5 minutes from my house which is great although my wife doesn't think so :mrgreen:

Since the BPS in Nashville was flooded-out, I may just have to make the longer trip to the Clarksville store come summer :)

Let me know if u do. We could try and catch a few while your up here or at least find a place and have some lunch!

Sounds like a plan. Usually we're in Louisville (Shepherdsville) mvisiting family on weekends. I'll give ya a heads-up next time we're up there and our time frame (visiting relatives permits it). :)

Will be nice not to have to run down to St Louis or NE Indiana. But the only thing that concerns me is that the city will own everything and not Bass Pro's. Looking forward, but boy the fall of 2011 is a long time away in fishing days.

po1 said:
Will be nice not to have to run down to St Louis or NE Indiana. But the only thing that concerns me is that the city will own everything and not Bass Pro's. Looking forward, but boy the fall of 2011 is a long time away in fishing days.

HEy po1, welcome to the site. Check out the Bloomington, IL. tourney Aug 21st. Looks like its going to be a great time. Sure would be great if you could make it too.

Awesome. Ya know, a little bird told me ( of course this is rumor and not verified or anything ) that Bass Pro was going to put a store near where I live. There is an old Kmart shopping center that is pretty much abandoned and would be the perfect spot since three are 3 states within a 10 min drive and most people drive the 3.5 hours to get to the closest store location which is Cincinatti Ohio. The guy said it would be here in 3 years. I dont beleive this information to be true and just a rumor but there is always hope..

Sounds like a good event Hanr3. I'll be there. Always have a great time camping and fishing evergreen lake.

Cool po1.

I applied for the General Manager position at the new BPS. Doubt I'll get it, they are looking for someone with 10 yrs big box store experience. I'm going to apply for every position that they post, eventually Ill get something. No doubt Ill be working for free, everything I make, Ill end up spending on gear. :mrgreen:

Sounds cool. Wish you luck Hanr3. Here's to hoping that they hire the local talent instead of bring outside management in.

Hanr3 said:
Cool po1.

I applied for the General Manager position at the new BPS. Doubt I'll get it, they are looking for someone with 10 yrs big box store experience. I'm going to apply for every position that they post, eventually Ill get something. No doubt Ill be working for free, everything I make, Ill end up spending on gear. :mrgreen:

at least you'll prolly be gettin a discount! lol... the closest bass pro to me is an hour away in Memphis and its ok but its just too small. they chose a shopping center for a location so it really cuts down on space. i cant wait until they transfer into this puppy..

Attachments

• Pyramid.jpg
    Pyramid.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 342

Latest posts