Gas oil mixture question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I have a gas can at home with 1 gallon of gas. What was added to it was 1 little bottle of the oil for chainsaws and stuff.

Can I use this gas in my pressure washer that does not require mixing of oil and fuel? Will it damage the Pressure washer?

Quackrstackr said:
Run it.

I know people that have run old 50:1 in their trucks. :lol:

I do that. I wouldn't on the modern fuel injected vehicles, but on the slightly older TBI trucks, I have no problem mixing in 6 gallons or so of premix in with a half tank of regular gas. Since I didn't get to fish this past winter, I found myself with 12 gallons of premix still here. No problems whatsoever.

let us know what happens- i have tried a mix in a four stroke tractor and it was a little sluggish/ smoky

El Cheapo - what if you desire to save $3.00 for a gallon of gas screws up the pressure washer? Bet it will cost more then $3.00 to get it fixed. You need to get out more without sunblock on your neck if you are gonna try stuff like this :mrgreen:

Captain Ahab said:
El Cheapo - what if you desire to save $3.00 for a gallon of gas screws up the pressure washer? Bet it will cost more then $3.00 to get it fixed. You need to get out more without sunblock on your neck if you are gonna try stuff like this :mrgreen:
:LOL2:

It is not the money, It is the hassle of going to get a new can, going to get a gallon of gas, just to have the old lady pressure wash the house and deck?

I figured the little extra oil in the gas will just lubricate the internal pieces......What do I know, I work with Computers for a living. :LOL2:

The only reason I have the ONE gas can was for the Pressure washer. My Brother in law borrowed it to use for the chain saw when he was cutting trees in my back yard.

Oh what a dilema. :LOL2:

Jim said:
It is the hassle of going to get a new can, going to get a gallon of gas, just to have the old lady pressure wash the house and deck?

:LMFAO: :LMFAO:

I think his neck is already a little burned, Ahab.

Speaking of.. a true redneck would have already had his old lady out there running that pressure washer while he was out fishing (or supervising with a beer in his hand) and wouldn't have to ask the question to begin with. :lol:

Don't burn it in an engine with aluminum heads. It will cause the exhaust valve to stick. I found out the hard way on a Honda and Kawasaki on lawn mowers. [-X

Latest posts