Lake Erie Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Leaving in about 2 hours for Lake Erie for some walleye and perch fishing. Bass season is closed in Ohio until June 26th, so, if I happen to catch one, I might get a picture, but we'll be targeting walleye and perch. Back on Sat or Sun with a report and, hopefully, some pics.

Jim said:
Good luck man! I want to fish there one day.

Will the winning Bass come from Erie this year? A smallie at that? :beer:

No Jim, it will not :( Actually, smallmouth season is closed on Lake Erie until June 26th and we didn't try for any largemouth after the charter - decided to get a good dinner and play cards that evening.

We only targeted walleye and did rather poorly. Fishing hasn't been good since the big storms/heavy rains went through there a few weeks ago. The lake is clearing up now and fishing is picking up each day, but very few boats are catching limits yet.
We had a great time and caught about 30 fish in the 8 hours we were out - only 10 keeper walleyes, the rest were white bass, perch and sheepheads :( Once I get the pictures from the other guys, I'll post them in fishing reports. It was a fun trip and we're planning to make it an annual event - hopefully, we'll have better conditions next year :)

Latest posts