What do you guys pay annually for the launch?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Here in MI you have to buy one $24 sticker for DNR ramps, and another $24 sticker to launch on DNR ramps that are in state parks. Its all the same ramps (with crappy concrete and pot holes that swallow your trailer), and you have to wait until 8 AM to get into the parks to launch.

All in all it is a pretty stupid system. Luckily they are developing a new system next year where you pay an extra 10 bucks on your license plate tabs, which will eliminate the above costs.

This savings will help me to justify blowing another 35 bucks on an Oakland County Parks sticker for their ramps :shock: :?

What are you guys paying for state ramps? County?

7 to 7.50 a launch per lake. Some have an annual pass for $75, but that only includes 3 lakes, one of those is a premier muskie lake though.

I usually buy a Corps of Engineers annual pass (on the first week of the month, as it is good until the last day of said month the next year) for 30 bucks. Otherwise, COE ramp fees are 3 bucks per on ramps that don't have beaches in the day use area, and 4 bucks per on ramps that do. Aside from Marinas, I would say 85% or so of the ramps on Lake Allatoona, Lanier, Carters etc. are COE owned.

On the river, usually nothing. There is one fairly nice privately owned ramp (but open to the public - he keeps it nice too. 1/4 mile or so of river frontage with picnic tables and pavilions and the likes) about 2 miles from me that is free.

There are a couple other put ins and take outs on the river that are free - they are for hand carry only, but on downriver float trips, they are nice.

Lake Acworth charges 10 bucks per vehicle if you get there after 8:00 am or before 6:00 pm. No brainer there (they are charging the day use crowd - anytime otherwise, they don't mind).

There is one nice county owned ramp on Allatoona that is 3 bucks per visit for launching (free if you don't have a trailer) or 30 bucks annually for that ramp alone. It is a real nice ramp situated in a real good location, so it isn't an issue paying for it.

Wow that's stinks yous guys have to pay to launch! Recently i think they were trying to start something of the sort down here but with so many ramps to patrol and angry citizens i don't think it even got far :lol:

Hope you get a new more efficient system and well maintained ramps

At Ohio State Parks (lakes) its FREE! They really try to encouage the use of the parks and lakes and they feel a fee would deter people using them as much. Our DNR does a real good job with hunting and fishing. Ohio big bucks rule!!!! we get more and more out of state hunters every year. They just busted a poacher of a trophey Ohio buck. $23000 fine , lost hunting privilages for life!

Here in central Illinois DNR ramps are still free, EMIQUON PRESERVE requires getting a free permit from Dickson Mounds Museum. The only fee I pay is $40 a year to fish evergreen lake, this is a county run lake.

Most of the Hudson River (upstate) launches are free, some lakes 8 buck, lots of free launches in the Adirondacks. Lake george for instance, also called the King, south, boat launces open to public ( 2 of them) free till May 1st, after that NO ACCESS to outsiders...... cant put a boat in there easy, its a shame, they got a free launch open all Year 30 miles North ( Ticonderoga) thats probably how they get away with it. The lake G community NOT FOR OUTSIDERS unless you want to pay to dock.....or of course use their kitch crap souvenir store etc! They would keep you out during ice fishing if they could.

In Minnesota we pay a lot of taxes all year long but we don't have to pay to launch boats at DNR landings. The MNDNR maintains launch sites at many lakes across the state. The state considers its lakes to be a valuable public resource and as such provides public access to many of them. Lots of our lakes are completely surrounded by private homes/property and if it weren't for the DNR we wouldn't have access to those lakes. The property owners don't always like it - I've heard of incidents where the landowners have removed the public access signs to keep the traffic at landings down. There is a bit of an attitude on the part of the property owners sometimes about "their" lakes but the state manages the lakes, launches and fisheries for all its citizens. Fishing is a huge industry in MN and in addition to our own citizens, we attract lots of fishermen/women from around the region.

All of the public launches here in the Toronto city parks are free to launch and therre are no restirctions on when you can launch. In the Ontario Provioncial parks I think there is a small fee, like $5 or something. Private Marinas also charge a small fee to launch.

Zilch, zero, nada.

There are some private ramps at resorts that charge either a daily use fee or you can buy a season pass. Those are anywhere from $2 to $5 a day or about $35 per year.

The state attempted to start charging ramp fees at all of their ramps several years ago and did for a couple of years until they were taken to court over it and were forced to stop. Something about the way that they were funded for construction and yearly maintenance with either taxes or sportsmen's funds and then charging a fee on top of it being a sort of double taxation.

The state resorts started losing money as well because people would simply drive a mile down the road and launch at the next free ramp.

TWRA lakes - $40 season pass, anything else is usually free. I usually fish the TWRA lakes though, close to home and a nice bait and tackle shop right at the launch.

Here in Texas mot ramps are free, some lakes/parks charge a day pass fee ($3-$5) sometimes more. But more often then not there is always a public access ramp too. Being a LEO though I have yet to pay for one in 10 years.

Latest posts