theft on your boat[help yourself]

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
i used to live in st.pete

those fools will steal a pair of dirty droors if they got the chance. too many low-lifes around there, had our house broken into several times

that sucks they got all your poles.. and stratics at that... man [-X

...Also u can over ins your boat and get a nice check worth more then your boat if u want,...

My insurance agent takes photos of boats & trailers, and annotates what actually came with the rig (motor, tm, electronics, etc) that are insured with his company, in order to prevent fraudulent claims . The annual rate is based on the type of boat, the year of the boat, trailer, and accessories that came with the boat. My rods and other stuff that did not come with the boat would up the annual premium cost to cover that gear. I believe a paid claim would be at current/fair-market value.

Man I know theft is up all over, but what is up with Florida? I don't know how many threads I have read in the last month about cars, boats, etc being ripped off down there. These thieves must clank when they walk cause they must have some big brass ones. Most of the stuff I have been reading has been stolen in broad daylight. I am so glad I am able to keep my boat and other toys locked up tight in my shop.

My agent is covering his butt (and the company he works for) by taking documenting photos. If the theft you talk about continues in Florida they may start doing the same thing. 15% over can add-up after a number of claims, and that hurts the insurance company's bottom line. They're out there to make money, not give it away. Just my two cents worth. :wink:

Man I know theft is up all over, but what is up with Florida?

you'd just have to take a drive town to florida and see for yourself :LOL2: nothing but crackheads and greazy scumbags who's definition of a hard days work is stealing somthing and finding somebody to buy it. sure are some nice places in florida if you stay away from the big citys

BTW: boater, has the black sea made it to florida yet?

I am glad this got posted. I mean a have been laxidasical(sp) about keeping everything padlocked but I figure my neighbors all know me as the redneck with a lot of guns and a big dog is why I have never had a problem. I figure if they come into my garage located under my house my dog will make them think twice. Other than that I never leave anything real valuable outside. Besides the two treestands, trailcam, and ground blind that have been stolen from me over the last few years I haven't had any problems around the house. I actually had someone steal 21 screw in steps I figure because they couldn't cut the lock off of my treestand. I mean really 2 dollar steps? I believe in karma and since growing out of my rebelious youth stage have walked past hundreds of treestands and cameras and other valuable things that I wouldn't think twice about stealing. I work hard for what I have and respect others things the same way. But hey what comes around goes around! The day will come when I walk up on the guy trying to make off with my stand and justice will be served. Plus I think renters insurance covers everything in the house not sure that would include boat but something I will look into.

I think the key is to not leave valuable gear where people have the opportunity to take it. Most importantly, don't let anyone know it's there, and they won't think to steal it.

If we would have been cutting off hands from the get go people would be to afraid to steal an if they got caught guess what they wouldn't do it again :twisted: ......Insert evil laugh here. Just tired of seeing good hard working people get thier stuff stole. They stole my brother inlaws neighorbor brand new fury prop, an another guy down the road from him got jacked for 18 G.lommis rods with shimano reels an all his tackle,sorry bums ripped every hatch off his boat to get them,people that do this need to be made an example and I almost gaurantee theif will stop if we started cutting off hands an feet.

Latest posts