Got to Vent.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I know this is late but its never too late to remember the MEN and WOMEN of our Armed Forces, I salute you :USA1: Heres my Peave, The Church group that shows up at Military Funerals, how dare they? If I was a father putting my loved one to rest I dont think I could control myself, I get POed now!!!!! Why would they do something like that? I put them and hemroids in the same class, A royal pain in the butt.

shamoo said:
I know this is late but its never too late to remember the MEN and WOMEN of our Armed Forces, I salute you :USA1: Heres my Peave, The Church group that shows up at Military Funerals, how dare they? If I was a father putting my loved one to rest I dont think I could control myself, I get POed now!!!!! Why would they do something like that? I put them and hemroids in the same class, A royal pain in the butt.

Humm, what groups are you talking about???

I've heard about this. I dont know what they call themselves but to protest the war or whatever they show up and rally at fallen hero's funeral. I would absolutely lose my mind on them if i saw them doing it.

Wait....???? So they show up to protest the war, and start a war themselves. This would be grounds for some good ol' as* woopins to be laid down!!! UN-EXCEPTABLE.

Why yes a solder was laid to rest last month and there were reports that that "family" to call them a church gives them more recognition than they deserve was going to show up here in alabama, they did not show up.......good thing too..... :twisted:

Can't recall their name, but there is a group of Veterans that ride bikes (motorcycles), and put themselves between that "church" group and the funeral procession. From what I've heard, they've been pretty successful at hindering any type of confrontation that the "fringe" may try to start.

If they have an issue with the war they need to go to DC and take it up with the White House instead of doing something stupid like this. If they tried something like that with one of my family members there would be some *ss whippings handed out.

You are talking about Westboro Baptist Church out of Kansas. What a bunch of scum they are. The laws should be changed to keep from protecting these slimebags. They picketed at the entrance of the Air Force base here about a month or two ago. They had police protection while they were picketing. Do they not realize that the military is the one who is protecting them?

There is no accounting for taste or class and it seems like these folks got out of line when the good Lord was handing out character traits.

My generations war was Vietnam and what went on back then makes this seem rather bland. But it should still be illegal to protest government policy against individual citizens. Veterans or civilians. They simply don't have any control over what the government does and are being targeted because of their vulnerability in this case. The only "constitutional rights" these people would experience if they showed up at one of my loved ones' funerals would be the right to a speedy trial and execution.

The Supreme Court is addressing the issue, but has yet to rule. I'm sure they will get this right and put a stop to the protests. It's only common courtesy and common sense.

All I can say is heaven help the group who tries to protest while I'm burying my loved one. They'll be warned once and after that all bets are off.

Waterwings said:
Can't recall their name, but there is a group of Veterans that ride bikes (motorcycles), and put themselves between that "church" group and the funeral procession. From what I've heard, they've been pretty successful at hindering any type of confrontation that the "fringe" may try to start.
You know i heard about a group of veteran bikers that were here in case those people showed up... they did not so this was a very good thing! =D>

These lunatics protest everything they don't approve of, Military funerals, junior high and high schools that they think are pro-gay, any performance venue that is having a performer they don't like, and the list goes on. If you have seen someone holding a sign that reads "God hates Fags" chances are it was them. The previous poster was correct, it's the Westboro Baptist Church, Led by the reverend Phelps. Hate-mongers that do their work behind the guise of being a church, it's really disgusting.
Here in St. Louis where I live they had a scheduled protest at the concert venue where I work, we always have off-duty uniformed Police as security so I've become friends with several of the officers. The St. Louis Police were well aware of the protest and were planning on being there, not so much to protect the protesters as to keep them well away from the venue and our patrons. Every single one of the officers I talked to did not approve of what this group does.

Death is a sacred event. It’s a personal event that holds different feelings, emotions, and manifestations for each individual. Period.

Death has manifested into something we don't talk about, cherish, or memorialize as many cultures have throughout human history.

When I read this post I was deeply disturbed to learn that there are people (those who believe funerals are ok to ‘crash’) who have sunken to the lowest societal levels by trespassing on others sacred rituals.

When my daughter was unexpectedly stillborn last year, I learned many things about many people; myself included. Some people understand; some have no clue, some say the right things, some say honorific things in the context of "being nice", and some people show their support but say nothing at all (which is more than enough as they cared to respectfully share in ritual). These "some people", in my case anyway, were family, friends, and of course people whose paths crossed mine solely because of the event. Through my own experience I lost faith in individuals who I thought were good friends, built new friendships in others, no longer have respect for some family members, yet respect others more than I could have ever imagined. I learned a lot from the experience...both good and bad.

To bring this full circle, these people, who hide under the guise of a church no less, have NO BUSINESS showing up, UNINVITED, at anyone's funeral. FOR ANY REASON! Such action is complete disregard (rather, disrespect) for someone else's sacred moment in time.

Let these families begin their grieving process surrounded by the ones they love, loved, and those who love them. Not idiots with an 'agenda'.

I’m glad to hear that there are still heroes, soldiers of humanity if you will, who show up to protect those who need it most…those grieving the loss of someone they love, especially parents who have suffered the fate of outliving their child - unfortunately I share their pain.

Definitely a bunch of wackos, but they are "exercising their right to free speach" - which so many soldiers have died to protect through the years. It's disgraceful.

Latest posts