Airplanes & seatbelts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When flying, how do you have your seatbelt when the plane is airborne?

• Wear it tight the entire time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wear it latched, but loosened

• Completely remove it once the seatbelt sign is turned-off

• Total voters
man you guys are nuts, I feel totally exposed without one on in the car, like riding a motorcycle without a lid. I generally keep it tight in a plane and try to sleep.

I can't wear one in the car. I feel so uncomfortable. I know, how comfy am I going to be when I am hurt or dead if something ever happens. I try to wear it when I have the kids with me. If I forget to buckle up, my daughter will yell from the backseat..."umm Mom...click it or ticket" lol

yep, did that drop thing in a plane a few years ago also. You're right about the almost crapping part too, lol. Kinda rough when you're trying to balance a cup of hot coffee when the plane is hitting those air pockets too :shock:

With seat belts being required on a military installation I just got in the habit and now I wear them 100% of the time in a vehicle (as a front seat passenger). The last time I was on a plane I kept the belt on snuggly but not super tight. Never saw a need to take it off.

Don't know about other locations, but in Kentucky it's a State law, and they're really cracking-down on it in my area, which I'm not worried about because I wear mine always.

I'm sure most of you have probably heard the bit by comedian Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy Tour):
Passenger next to him after the pilot announces they lost an engine:
"How far will one engine take us!"

Ron White: "All the way to the scene of the accident! Which is real convenient, 'cause that's where were headed anyway."

:shock:

I never unhook mine until we land...
in the car i never used to wear one at home, but if I get caught not wearing it at work i could lose my job so it is always on and now i find that I use it at home 90% of the time

Use of the seatbelt in my truck is so automatic that I have even found that sometimes I even put back on between readying the boat for launch and backing it down the ramp.

Mr. flounderhead59, dito on the seat belts, but it did take a long time getting use to it.

I got into a little fender bender years ago, lady in front of me for no apparent reason just stops (no tail lite worked on her car, so it caught me buy suprise)... we werent even going fast (about 10mph)

i wasnt wearing a seatbelt, and that tiny impact made my chest slam right into the steering wheel, and that didnt feel to good.

i just cant imagine how it would feel goin alot faster... 100% seatbelt for me from that day on

Latest posts