Amazing fishing stories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Got any amazing fishing stories to share?

I have one from just this weekend. We were fishing a tournament and parked on a creek inlet. Since it rained the night before, we were near the creek channel running out, another boat was about 100 yards away near the far side of the channel. As we fished they moved closer to us, maybe 40 yards away - but fishing different water. Then my partner had a huge blowup on topwater, I saw it and it was a really nice fish - estimated 3 - 3.5 lbs. He had him hookeed for a bit, but then it spit the lure because there was no hookset :( . Anyway, my partner was a 14 year old kid, so the fishermen in the boat head over towards us. The front guy says, "That was a nice fish there kid" and proceeds to cast out over the same water we were. Well this starts to tick me off - and I truly think about hitting him with my other rod - but I'm a christian and want to show the kid I was fishing with a good example. Then I see his partner is a guy in a wheelchair and calm down a bit. Still I think in my head he is taking advantage of my niceness and sympathy for his partner's disability. The kid is pissed, first because he missed the fish and second because they moved in on 'our area'.

About 3 minutes go by and the front fishermen sets the hook hard into a bass - and proceeds to break his line off on the hookset. I laughed inside -and outside - as justice was served.... :twisted: Somehow he saw his line in the water. This is where the amazing part comes, they motor over and he fishes his line out of the water! He pulls it up, and the fish still has the lure, but now he is half under our boat. The guy hand fights him and and pulls in a bass. It was close, but didn't measure... :twisted: :twisted: Justice twice served! :twisted: :twisted:

Never saw anyone fish out their broken line and still have the fish attached before - Crazy. I broke one off later that day and tried for 5 minutes to find the line without any luck whatsoever.

Mike Iaconelli actually managed to find the line of a broken off fish in a major tournament years back.

Had an instance about 13 years ago, took my nephew fishing at a farm pond he hooked int a nice catfish and as he was reeling it in a large hog ran into the water and grabbed the fish and took off running. He ate the fish hook included, didn't even leave a speck of blood where he ate it.

Just this past Sun. we had a tourney at Hoover Res. My partner , Jack, just bought a G. Loomis flippin stick and a Curado reel the day before. It was the first time using the $300+ combo. Well he hooked a fish, the rod came out of his hands, into the water..... He could not reach it...... it was sinking out of sight.........still groping out farther for the disappearing rod..... I turned and reached out with my rod and was able to pull it back close enough for him to get grab it......whew!!!!! The fish was still on..... if he did not get it, we probably would have never found it.

I would have pooped my pants if I lost a +$300 combo. That reminds me of when I took my son fishing when he was 4. We were in a canoe and he hooked into a fish with his spidey fishing pole. As soon as we pulled it out of the water, he got scared, dropped his pole, and climbed up my back. The canoe just about tipped over because of all the commotion. We ended up calling it a lose after we fished for the pole for a hour.

When I was we were at lake Navarro Mills. We were bank fishing. Had about ten pole set out all fishing on bottom. My dad had a big surf pole he called "Lucifer. Well I was chasing fire flies and my dad yelled and said "Get that fish." I ran over to the pole I saw that had a bite. My trusty Zebco 33. I saw out of the corner of my eye my dad running down to the bank just in time to see Lucifer go lying out of the rod holder and into the lake. Gone without a trace. He looked at me and said "Boy, wrong pole!" As I continued to reel in the Zebco I notice I was hung up on another line. I grabbed the line I had snagged and started pulling it in. Only to find Lucifer. Then as I began to real in Lucifer I found the culprit that caused Lucifer to go flying into the water. It was a big old drum. Even all that wasn't as fun as filling up that mason jar with fire flies.

Latest posts