Dumb scammers....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
I put my rig on craigslist this morning, already have a few potential buyers (locals) and just got this email i thaught was pretty funny.. Tell me what yall think. His first email just asked if I still had the boat... here's this fellers second

Good afternoon,thanks for the fast response to my inquiry.please iwill like to make an instant purchase so i would appreciate it if youcan withdraw the ad from Craigslist.i don't mind adding an extra $20for you to take the ad down from criagslist,i want to be rest assuredthat nobody else gets a hold of he item.the mode of payment convenientfor me is check because i don't have enough cash on me here as i amcurrently on a business trip.the check will be issued by my secretaryto you.she will mail it overnight due to the distance but not to worryfor i will take care of all that.i will need you to provide me withthe following information to facilitate the mailing of yourpayment1.Your full name. 2.Your mailing address[residential]. 3.Yourphone number.i plan on presenting it to my sister as a birthday giftso i hope it is still very clean and also in good condition?herbirthday is around the corner and i really want to give her a supriseso i would also like to pay asap and have a mover come for pick afteryou must have received you payment. Mike.

my reply was i do not accept checks and do not give my address out. he could send me a envolope full of cash if he'd like

That's the best humor I've read today. What a nice brother... going to buy his sister a fishing boat. In the real world I'm sure she'd be happy and surprised about that. NOT :shock:

Selling the rig for an upgrade?

Dear mr.Logirhed, i 2 wood lik to mak ofir on ure bote. I on bisniz trip 2 Congo att pressint butt wood lik 2 haf bote sint 2 mi bisnis adres at: P.o Box 229, Scamir Drive, Virgin Ilinz. Pleas 2 sen bote an motir. Jus 2 mak sur bote arivz saiflie, i nede ure ful naim, adres, dait uv birf, soshil sekuritie numbir, drivirz lisins numbir, an kredit kard numbir. i wil sen chek as sune as the bote arivz. i luke forwird 2 hearin frum u.

sinsirrilie,
Prince Scam Urebota

When I sold my boat I got the same deal except I got it every time I made a change to the ad. It always happened the day I submitted the ad so the scammer was just watching for new posts. I never did figure out the angle though. My guy wanted to send me a check to pay for the boat and the shipping - like yours, he was too busy to attend to the details himself. The email said I would get the check to cover everything and a shipper would show up. It's a pretty silly attempt. It's the same kind of deal when my dear lost relative wants to send me the millions I've inherited from somewhere in Nigeria. Man, how stupid are people if that kind of come-on would work? The gene pool must be murkier or shallower than I suspected.

Loggerhead Mike said:
my reply was i do not accept checks and do not give my address out. he could send me a envolope full of cash if he'd like

I lose my mind every time I get one of those. I hope someone reads the reply and takes my suggestion (which involves the ingestion of bleach).

Friend of mine actually got a scammer to admit that he gets "quite a few" dummies with these trick. He went on to say that he doesnt go hungry.

haha, ya he never replied back

Selling the rig for an upgrade?

yah i freinds co-worker told me he had a 15 x 5' allweld with trailer and new'r motor he'd sell me for 1500. boat doesnt have a thing on it not even a cleat just the way i want it. he got it from a pass'd away family member who'd never used it. i cant rember the manu. but it was an "alaskan guide edition" with the camo. If for some chance i dont get ahold of that im just going to hold off for winter untill i can find a deal on somthing i want. love my boat but the 12 semi v just doesnt have enough room anymore

wich reminds me ive been here for over 2 years and never posted a pic of it :oops:

dyeguy1212 said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

I lose my mind every time I get one of those. I hope someone reads the reply and takes my suggestion (which involves the ingestion of bleach).
FYI - It's best not to read those things, since just opening the email lets the spammer know that they have a "live" address and then they will continue to spam you and sell your address to others like them. I know it makes you feel better to vent on them, but that is what they want... a response, any response.

YOU GUYS MUST CHECK OUT 419eater.com. It is like the tinboats.net of the scammer trade. Dudes spend their off hours like a hobby messing with scamers. They send them to distant places to pic up money, they make them hold up signs and send pictures of themselves ("I am lame.") and make them run all over Nigeria while stringing them along. It's hilarious. They would run that poor devil that sent you the Craig's list scam into the ground, and he wouldn't know what hit him until it was way too late. You guys have got to check this site, it's freakin' hilarious.

419eater.com

AW

DocWatson said:
dyeguy1212 said:
Loggerhead Mike said:

FYI - It's best not to read those things, since just opening the email lets the spammer know that they have a "live" address and then they will continue to spam you and sell your address to others like them. I know it makes you feel better to vent on them, but that is what they want... a response, any response.

Theres no way to know its a scammer until you open it. The title comes up just the same as a legitimate email when linked from craigslist...

I've seen some people on there put a word in the description for you to put as a subject. I'm guessing the spammers don't read the descriptions, they just start mass e-mailing with what ever posting title you have.

Latest posts