G20 Blues? I don't think so!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
A lot of people here in Toronto are griping about the upcoming G20 summit that is going to be held in downtown Toronto. The tab so far is more than $1 billion and it is the largest security event in Canadian history. Even bigger than the Vancouver Olympics.

A security perimiter fence is currently being constructed in the downtown core. There will be a larger security "traffic control" ring aroud that. Traffic in the downton core during, and in the days leading up to, the summit will be an absolute nightmare. Police are expecting thousands of protestors. We found out today that cell phone communications will be disrupted as police jam signals for security reasons.

My office building is right on the edge of the inner security perimiter and smack dab in the middle of the traffic control perimiter. We are all being uissues security ID so we can get in and out of the building the week before the summit. It now appears that we are going to shut down for the Friday before the summit, so I get a G20 long weekend! No complaints here. Guess what, I'm going fishing!

Loggerhead Mike said:
cant beat a day off!

so explain this g20 business if ya dont mind #-o what is it?

Leaders from 20 of the world's biggest economic powers (i.e., Canada, US, Britain, France, Germany etc.) converge to talk about world affairs/economics/trade etc. Usually draws every wacko "protestor" with a cause looking for some exposure on the national news reports. And, of course, a pretty juicy target for a would-be terrorist. So you can just imagine the security!