update on the Tow Rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
I drive a 2006 Ford Ranger to pull the jon boat with Bought the truck used (1 owner) from Ford Dealer in September 08. They wanted 17k for it but walked out paying $14.5k . I sold my 94' Ranger to get this truck. I am a member of about 6 Ranger forums and it is what you would call my other passion aside from fishing. I just recently sold the wheels on the truck to get another set of new polished wheels. here are the three stages of my truck:

New (new to me, 26000 miles)

mine-1.jpg

Middle:

2001 FX4 Level II Alcoa Forged Brushed Aluminum 15x7 Wheels added (traded factory wheels for these), 2007 FX4 Level II Tow Hooks. Kobalt Toolbox, tinted windows, Pioneer sound System.

Picture004-1.jpg

Then just recently, i sold the Alcoa Wheels and bought Pacer 164s (Mickey Thompson Classics) in a polished finish and 15x8

newwheels010-2.jpg

I pride myself in what I drive. I realize I drive a compact Ranger, and that its price doesnt compare to that of an F150 and the likes, but I love Rangers and will always drive one until they are no longer available.

tell me what you think!

Sweet!! I got a Ford Ranger story for ya. In late 1985 I bought a used(9500 miles)1985 ranger 4wd with a v6 and a 5 speed. Drove that truck until April 1999! 14 years!! Trips to the beach(surf fishing),mountains(including some trail riding)hunting trips,pulled my first tin with it,even drove it on my honeymoon! It had a 4 inch front lift,3 inch rear and a 2 inch body lift,aftermarket wheels and 31 inch tires. Brush guard and roof rack with KC hilites and a custom built(by me) tonneau cover over the bed. She was dressed to impress!

But after 14 years and 190,000 miles it was time to let it go,so I sold it to a friend who drove it about another year until the motor finally gave out. The motor was never rebuilt and probably had 200,000 miles on it! Man,that was one great truck,I definitely got my moneys worth out of it.

Your truck looks nice.
I had a 88, 2.9 liter,drove it for 14 years,only reason I got rid of it was because it wasn't 4x4.
C34427.jpg
My parents still have a 92 4.0L 4x2,it's been across Canada twice..one coast to the other.

Latest posts