What a sad life I have

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
It's Friday evening and I'm sitting here re-spooling reels and making the selections for what I'll have tied on each rod for a Sunday morning trip to the lake. I prefer to only take 4 rods with me in the Crawdad (I'm afraid one might go swimming if I take more) so between now and 5 am Sunday morning I will struggle over what stays and what goes.

Could be worse.

You could be outside spraying trees for Japanese beetles, changing the oil in the lawn mower, burning a pile of tree trimmings and spraying herbicide around the perimeter fence like I have done since I've been home from work. :lol:

I'm pretty sure I have lost about a gallon of fluids that will have to be replenished at some point this evening and I haven't even really thought about going fishing.... even though I have a friend driving right now from 5 hours away so that he can get his hand crushed by a giant catfish tomorrow.

Quackrstackr said:
driving right now from 5 hours away so that he can get his hand crushed by a giant catfish tomorrow.

There's something just wrong about that :)

Strangely enough I like yard work, but not so much when it's 90 plus outside. No Japanese beetles here this year. Maybe the colder winter (for Atlanta) killed off some of them.

Now I know why I've never thrown a Carolina Rig. Tying three knots is way more fun than just one. Getting a solid knot on that silly little swivel is a pain too.

Poolie,

Give us a shout when you can go again. We still need to do a TinBoats of GA lake day.

Good luck!

Brine said:
Poolie,

Give us a shout when you can go again. We still need to do a TinBoats of GA lake day.

Good luck!

Brine, we for sure need to plan a TB Georgia day... I'd like to get another look at that pig you caught last weekend :)

Well, so much for fishing on Sunday... I'm about to explode. My schedule has been re-arranged and I have the boat in the back of the truck ready to go. The last two weekends have just s*cked and I simply have to catch something longer than 8" tomorrow. I'm afraid I can't narrow the field down to less than 6 rods, so cross your fingers I don't knock $400 over the edge of the boat.

That's ok - I went through my 3 favorite reels tonight - regreasing and oiling. Spin like tops now!

wasilvers said:
That's ok - I went through my 3 favorite reels tonight - regreasing and oiling. Spin like tops now!

Nice to know that I'm in good company :) Off to the lake.... Weeeeeee

poolie said:
wasilvers said:

Nice to know that I'm in good company :) Off to the lake.... Weeeeeee

Glad I did it too, caught some really nice fish today, and was able to reel them all in :LOL2:

Well, nothing to brag about, but at least I got a little fish smell on my hands. The small private lake that I've been fishing lately is just overrunning with little 6"-8" bass, I assume last years hatch. It's hard to get a worm past them. Not only annoying, but they attack your worm with a vengeance so I went through a lot of worms this morning. I did manage to pick off a couple decent sized ones though. I caught four about a pound and a half. I know there's big fish in that lake, but I'm clueless to where yet in the summer pattern.

P6120168_Vga.jpg

Latest posts