Posted my old home in my Avatar.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it was, I just found out she is layed up in Gibraltar awaiting her fate, she cannot be retrofitted to the new regulations, that is sad to me, it was the last of the 1st class only boats, 400 passengers, 300 crew, a joy to work on. Today's rigs have 2000 passengers and 900 crew, working there is slave labor, thats why there are no longer " caucasians " crews.....

The fishing was intricate, we usually chased other things when on land, but we did always look forward to Midnight Cod fishing on the Scandinavian cruises ( July / August) after our work shift, one Carton of Marlboro got you aboard a multitude of trawler like boats,they came right up to the ship, this was in some Fjord in Norway, Skarswagg, I think. So of course it does not get to be night, sun set just on the horizon, we go out pulling Cod out by the hundreds, back on the ship around 1AM, we all went to the kitchen . Clean all the cods, Beers, Aquavit and guts!!! Then the next day we cooked a feast for Staff and Passengers! the Life!

Cool. I use to be a Chef on board boats as well. I worked on several different boats over the years. In the late 80's and early 90's I served as a Chef in the Navy on board a submarine. Over the last many years I worked on a few different scuba diving vessels as the Chef, two were sail boats and one was a motor vessel.

Attachments

• USS_James_K._Polk_(SSBN-645).jpg
    USS_James_K._Polk_(SSBN-645).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 274
  • blackbeards.jpg
    blackbeards.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 274
  • lostisland.jpg
    lostisland.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Shearwater_flyingboat.jpg
    Shearwater_flyingboat.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 274
Nice IT guy, I could not deal with more then three Years, constant partying, drinking took a toll. + it was before cell phones and the internet, so you got mail 3 weeks late , never knew what was going on at home, + you had a roomate, that god old, Terra Firma for me after that! World Trade Center 107th floor for 2 Years....

Latest posts