I am going to go broke if it rains any more. (long story)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

So I took half the day off today and had great plans of heading out to the lake and having a nice relaxing day. When I woke up this morning there was a few clouds in the sky, no big deal, I didn't think anything of it so I didn’t bother to check the weather.
On my way home I grabbed my boat from the storage and headed to my house. While getting ready my girlfriend calls and tells me it hailing and lightning and raining at her work witch is about thirty miles east of my house and that usually means it's coming my way, but she is a bit of a drama queen, so I figure it is sprinkling there and I keep going loading the boat.
About ten min later I am throwing my rain gear in and putting the trolling motor on when I see a flash and then the loudest CRACK I have ever heard and I feel a drop. Now this was not just any drop, it was like someone dropped an egg from twenty feet up with an audible SMACK right on my head. I said a couple choice words cause it stung like hell and kicked it into turbo mode trying to throw the cover on before the sky opened up on me. Needless to say my turbo isn’t what it used to be and I got soaked. SO when there was a little break in the rain I ran out to my truck and took the boat back to storage.
I figure I have a few hours to kill so why not hit up Cabela's? I milled around for an hour or two and ended up with an armada of crank baits that I will more than likely not use, but doesn’t the saying go "he who dies with the most fishing gear wins", I’m workin on it that trophy.
Then I got home and start looking at the Mercury online store (bad idea). I got a couple hats, a sweatshirt, a few t-shirts and a motor cover, oh and a key chain for the girlfriend so she won’t be mad because I didn't think of her.
Well it has been a long day so I am off to bed.

See what happens when it rains here.:wink:

Brilliant! =D>

I love the keychain part for her! Always thinking Bryce, Always thinking! I myslef might get out for a couple of casts. They say it is going to be close to 60.

Latest posts