Excuse the rant!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Just have to get it off my chest. The wife calls me at work this morning and apparently somebody stole my debit card last Sunday night and emptied our checking account out this week. Normaly I keep it in my wallett, but last Sunday after I got gas I put it down in the console because I was in a hurry and my daughter was crying in the backseat. We got home and I got them both in the house and I guess I forgot to lock the car door. Somebody I think a teenager got it out of the car. Might be the first week all year that I didn't have to use it for anything to even notice it was gone. Anyway I will get the money back already have the claims filed, but it just burns my *** !!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I left the card in my car in my driveway which is why I think it was teenagers. Also the purchases make me believe that too. They used the card on Monday to get gass at 6 different gas stations. Sounds like they filled up all their budies cars. They also hit four different foot locker stores today. The people at the claims department said that since each purchase was at a different store and none of the companies were out too big a chunk they probably wouldn't bother going after them even though they most likely have them on film. Said stores would probably just right off the losses. Still :evil: mad as hell! The worst part is that on the back of my card were the signature goes I wrote in permanent ink check id. So the foot locker purchases which were purchase inside the store really burn my ***.

That really sucks Joe - hope you get this resolved quickly!

I write in big black letter "Check ID" on my card as well, they hardly ever do?

Get one of these, it might help, LOL

bearTRAP.gif

I totally feel your pain. About 2 years ago when I lived in Florida I had almost the same thing happen to me. Only difference, I still had my debit card. Someone got my card number (Bank of America thinks it was stolen through a fake card reader at a gas station) and wiped me out at an atm in New Mexico. Wiped me out clean. That had to have been the worst feeling in the world. I got everything back after filing the claim. Took about a week. A few days before this christmas, I had an alert from Bank of America saying I had suspicious activity with my card. This time I only lost 3.41. Somehow again my number was stolen and used to make an online purchase. So I had to stop that card, get a temp one and wait for the real one to get here. And never mind the clerks at stores. Mine as well has in big letters on the back "SEE ID" my new card has my picture on it. Just yesterday I had ordered out and when I gave the kid my card he just swiped it. I purposely gave it to him picture down note side up... he swiped it then tossed it on the counter. Not once looking at the front OR asking for id.

holy crap I wrote a book...... LOL

this is a touchy subject that totally pisses me off............ sorry about your card!

Man thats too sad, in your own driveway, maybe one of those stores had a security camera, guess what if they catch them they get a slap on the wrist. Its better to catch them in your vehicle than you can get a good shot in and say he fell trying to run away. dont care how young he or she is your trying to do damage to me, it just pisses me off, no respect for other peoples property :evil: Hope they get caught and everything returns to normal for you my friend.

I feel your pain. About 2 years ago, someone beat the locks right out of my drivers door, and trunk. They made away with my competition stereo system. Almost 2 thousand dollars worth of crap. I was bitter for weeks, and the worst part was no one heard or saw anything. Now, I can't even lock my doors on my car. What ever happened to people getting jobs, and buying thier own stuff. Every dog has its day.

ALL THIEVES SHOULD DIE!!!!!
There in nothing that i hate more than a thief. I don't care if you steal a million or a piece of gum you should die!!!
this hit home with many of us when you work hard to get something and some scum steals it.
It has happened to me several times over the years
I had a bike stole when i was a kid
several radios stolen out of my car The first one was about $400 so i replaced it with a piece of junk they stole that too breaking the window twice.
then the serious stuff started..
I had an old sear charge card that I canceled had not used it in 5 years
i moved from the apt. i was in when i concealed it
Sears sent me courtesy checks to try to get me to reopen my account. the person at the apt used the checks and charged 5k to an unopened acct.
Almost cost me buying my new home.
Before my wife and I moved into our present home I rented a storage space to clear the clutter inn the house to make selling it easier someone broke into that. and stole all my fishing tackle..over 10k in stuff...
I guess you can see why my feeling are the way they are
kill the bastards!!!

my tackle was covered by insurance ..
if anyone thinks that spending 5k on tackle in one trip in order to get the rest of your money is fun.. you would be wrong.. it made me sick seeing all the stuff i had that was irreplaceable

Wayne

Latest posts