Crazy Day!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
So, the office tower where I work in downtown Toronto has just been circled by four large United States Marine Corps presidential helos (two Blackhawks and two Chinooks). Obama is coming into town for the G8 and G20 summits. I presume the helos were practicing their landings for when they fly the President in this weekend. It was pretty cool to watch, I must say.

As all of this is happening we get hit by a small earthquake!! I actually didn't feel it, but my wife's office building was actually evacuated!

To top things off we are under a severe weather alert as heavy thunderstorms with strong winds, hail and possible tornadoes move in this evening.

Signs of the apocolypse? [-o<

Sounds like a heck of a day! Hopefully those storms peter-out and don't cause any damage. A fellow on a photography site I'm a member of posted some shots of the fences and barricades that have been installed in the city due to the big "meeting". Looks like they have a good handle on crowd control.

Waterwings said:
Sounds like a heck of a day! Hopefully those storms peter-out and don't cause any damage. A fellow on a photography site I'm a member of posted some shots of the fences and barricades that have been installed in the city due to the big "meeting". Looks like they have a good handle on crowd control.

Yeah, it's actually quite a spectacle. A portion of those fences are just outside my office. I have never seen so many cops in one place. There are literally thousands of them.

BaitCaster said:
Waterwings said:

Yeah, it's actually quite a spectacle. A portion of those fences are just outside my office. I have never seen so many cops in one place. There are literally thousands of them.

The guy that took the photos was stopped and questioned by law enforcement, as they were curious about what he was doing. After he explained to them what he was doing (taking photos as a hobby), they let him go on his way.