What's Your Favourite Fishing TV Show?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
When I am not fishing I like watching fishing shows on TV. About a year ago I decided to pay the extra $3 per month to get WFN on my cable and it is my go-to channel.

I would have to say my sentimental favourite show (and seeing as how today is Canada Day) is Canadian Sportfishing with Italo Labignan. I have been watching Italo since I was a kid.

For strictly bass fishing, I would have to say my top three favourites are:

1. Lost Lake
2. The Scott Martin Challenge
3. Lunkerville (this show grows on you)

I have DirectTV....... I record every saturday and sunday morning fishing show that comes on. Then watch them throughout the week. My favorite is "The Worlds Greatest Fishing Show".

My least Favorite (and gets immediately deleted) is any of the Fly fishing for bonefish :roll:

I only get the shows on ESPN though. I tried to pay extra for the outdoors channel, but they don't let ya pay for only one channel. Instead they said I have to upgrade the whole package :roll:

I feel sooo left out that Directv doesn't carry WFN.

For pure entertainment value, it's hard to beat "The Worlds Greatest Fishing Show". Zee is just one of those kinda guys you'd like to have a beer with.

This reminds me that hunting season is coming soon and the fishing shows will start falling off the schedule. I need to start loading my DVR up with everything fishing so I can make it through the winter.

I like Bass Pros and Fishing University, really any show that actually teaches you something. Bill Dance does OK with that at times as do the Linders and Hank Parker. The thing I dislike is when the half hour or hour long show is not much more than an infomercial for some bait, resort or gear.

bass pros, city limits fishing, hank parker, and jimmy houston just because they also fish for catfish and crappie from time to time... i like to learn when i watch shows and see some variety.

Bass Pro Fishing (they teach so they can sell)
John Gillespe - Wisconsin Water and Woods (it's local and up to date - new show every week - and he isn't afraid to use livebait)

Worst fishing show on TV is "Fish TV" - all it is is guys saing - "Good one Guy!" & "Can you believe that Guy?" They teach you nothing, and don't ever show you what they are using. You can only guess how they are using it. I don't want video of just the catch, but also how to catch like them.

BassMasters- I like to watch the Tournaments.
Bill Dance- however I dont have WFN at the moment.
The Next Generation by BassPro- its a great show with college age kids.
Ultimate Match Fishing
Lunkerville- Mike D puts on a great show.

Latest posts