Number of Bites-Per-Hour - Poll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the average number of bass-bites you average per hour?

• 20+ - Fishing is Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-20 - I have all good days

• 10-15 - One fish every 5 minutes is all I can handle.

• 5-10 - I like to nap between strikes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 0-5 - Slow is the only way to go

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I don't fish for bass

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

wasilvers

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like if I don't get a bass to bite every 3rd cast, then the fishing is terrible. :?

What is your average hourly bite-rate like? I'm talking about public waters here, not the stock ponds where you keep them hungry and agressive. :D This will give an idea if the fishing really is slow or fast compared to others.

Will

I don't specifically go after bass myself. I fish for them but while fishing for them I am also fishing for pan fish, catfish, gar, pickeral, bowfin, carp, and anything else I can catch. I will have four rods in the water and be casting a fifth for bass. It can get busy at times.

Over the course of a year, I'm probably 1 bite (= 12" or better fish in the boat) every two hours.

During the winter and summer I'm probably 1 bite every 2.5 hours, while spring and fall I'm 1 bite every 1.5 hours.

That sounds awful, but it turned out pretty good overall after a season long tournament. And no, my partners numbers were not any better :LOL2:

Brine said:
Over the course of a year, I'm probably 1 bite (= 12" or better fish in the boat) every two hours.

During the winter and summer I'm probably 1 bite every 2.5 hours, while spring and fall I'm 1 bite every 1.5 hours.

That sounds awful, but it turned out pretty good overall after a season long tournament. And no, my partners numbers were not any better :LOL2:

This is about in line with me as well.

The average can be deceiving.. I'll go two hours without a bite, then get 3 within 15 minutes, then go another 2 hours. If I were smart I'd realize it's all dependent on the spot, but :?:

Lets see, went last night and got 10 bites, and fished 4 hours so thats 2+ an hour.

They was hitten very light on th stik, gut hooked afew which sucked.

Latest posts