What you NEED to know about drownings...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had to pull my unconscious friend out of the water and watch helplessly as they performed cpr on him. When your only 12 and you see stuff like that, it just changes you. I'm a lifeguard now so i would know what to do if i were to see a drowning victim/ destressed swimmer, but every time i climb up on that stand, it remember that night in the lap pool when he tried to go down and back without taking a breath. :(

Wow I must say I had absolutely no Idea. I can truly say I would expect to hear a cry for help like they explained does not happen. Now I have an Idea of the truth. Thanks.

Majorpede said:
Wow I must say I had absolutely no Idea. I can truly say I would expect to hear a cry for help like they explained does not happen. Now I have an Idea of the truth. Thanks.

yea, sadly there is no distinct behavior for drowning victims. a distressed swimmer hower will call for help and possibly thrash about

This is information that should be permenately posted on TB. It should be a permenate post on any site that reaches fishermen, boaters, skiers or anyone in water sports. It should be a constant reminder of how easey a life can lost, that may have been prevented. We are all guilty of "that will never happen to me". Great post!

Awesome post.

Thanks!!!!!

I too had the tv version, even though both of my sons are Boy Scout trained lifeguards, I still didnt have a clue.

Latest posts