Polarized Bi-focal Sunglasses from LL Bean

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
The last year or so I have noticed my close-up vision is getting worse. I have really noticed it out in the boat when trying to tie a lure on. I just can't see the line and lure up close! So, I just found these Polarized bi-focal sunglasses at LL Bean and ordered a pair.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/51529?feat=51528-ppxs&dds=y

I like the fact that they come in a large size to fit my big melon. They should be just the thing I need! I will let you know how they work when I get them.

Jim said:
Do you wear glasses? Ever have your eyes checked?

Maybe your getting up there in age and you need some assistance. :D

I wear contact lenses for distance. I can see things up close fine without my contacts, but with them in (which is all day) I have trouble reading etc. - so I need reading glasses. The alternative for me is to stop wearing contacts and go with regular or bi-focal glasses, but I don't want to do that. These bi-focal sunglasses should help out a lot.

I need bi-focals, but have refused to get them as a way of avoiding the unavoidable, age.

I take my glasses off to see up close, and wear them for distances. What sucks is I work in a weld/machine shop and MUST wear my glasses at all times. Unfortunately my arms have stopped growing and cant get things far enough away to read.

Time for the bi-focals. Thanks for the link. Wonder if my insurance will cover them?

Hanr3 said:
I need bi-focals, but have refused to get them as a way of avoiding the unavoidable, age.

yep, same here. I have to take off the sunglasses and put on the reading glasses to tie fishing knots....sucks but whadya gonna do..... :(

Waterwings said:
Prescription eyeglasses that change to sunglasses and back to regular. Silhouette titanium frames = No weight. Light as a feather.

Been wearing them for years: https://en-us.transitions.com/en/Pages/default.aspx

I also wear them..... now if they would just make them Polarized when they transition. Although they would probably be outrageous, and the wife would just be like [-(

I've got a couple pairs of polarized bi-focal sunglasses for exactly the same reason, I wear contacts for distance but have trouble up close. The ones I use the most are a lot cheaper, made by berkley, found them at Wal-mart. They may not be up to the standards of many as far as optical quality or polarization but they get the job done. No problem seeing out on the water or into the water and I can tie a knot, I'd even be able to fix a birdsnest in my baitcaster if that should ever happen :---)

My wife wears bi-focal contacts. She says they are great. I wear one contact in my left eye for reading. My right eye is for distance. It takes a while to get used to it, but the brain adjusts automatically. Check it out.

Latest posts