The Timonium Fishing Expo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan_VA

Reaction score
I was fairly impressed with the retailers this time. IMHO the expo had taken a step backward in 06 and 07, but I enjoyed myself this year. There was a very good selection of bass and saltwater tackle. Most of the hottest new baits were available in one booth or another. I got some pretty good stuff. And of course there were plenty of shiny new boats to look at and daydream about.

I went to one of Brent Chapman's seminars and caught the end of Mark Tyler's. They were ok. Mostly just talked about how they've done on the tournament trail recently. The lighting in the seminar area was terrible though, hope they get that fixed by next year. The graffiti on the wall didn't add much to the atmosphere either.

Also got to do a little bit of fishing after I left the expo so that was nice. It was cold but I found a couple largemouth willing to bite.

Tonight I'll post pics of some of the crap I bought.

So who else went? What did you think?

i went. i liked it but have heard its been on a downslide for a wile. i found some good deals at wackyworm and my friends picked some spro frogs.

Here's the stuff I got. Not a huge haul cause I know when to say when.

Like I said I did a little fishing with a friend after I left the expo. Used my new Curado (got that a couple weeks ago) for the first time and it brought me good luck. What's funny is I stopped at this exact same dirty public pond after the expo last year and caught a couple bass...on the exact same Rattlin Rap no less. Only that time I was trying out my new Citica, and the fish were smaller.

I predict after next year's expo I'll catch a pair of 8lbers while using a brand new Chronarch :)

Attachments

• ap_bass.jpg
    ap_bass.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 482
  • expolures.jpg
    expolures.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 482
I got to the show around 12:30 and made my way over to the boats, saw some old friends dropped off around 200 filers for the tournament trail, sat in a brand new legend bass boat (only 56k) got a dirty from my wife.
then we started on the tackle section... i was only looking to get a few things :wink: and was doing great 3 spools of line a mattslure bluegill and baby bass. 2 strike king crank baits ... i was doing great, we still had to g to bps.
We were at the front door ready to leave when my friends girl friend said she wanted a jacket she saw, so I was sucked back in by the bait monkey.
I showed my wife the megabass lures and she said get what you need, so I picked up 2 top water lures and she picked up 5 more and $175 later we left..
I only spent $75 more at the bps..

Latest posts