bark off

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
So this morning the bark off commercial came on which sent Lollipop running through out the house barking.... Which made me seriously consider buying it, anyone have any thoughts/experiences with it?

Just another gadget, I got a bark collar for the dog when he was a pup and it worked some what. He figured it out after a while though. He would bark like hell for 30 seconds and then stop for 30, Then repeat. I doubt it works though for that price. I'll look for that collar when I get back from vacation and mail it to ya if I can find it, Might work for you better then it did me.

I think you can get a little bit stronger ones if you look around. Our dog didnt mind the shock of our invisible fence until we switched collars... now she knows better and we never have a problem. Chases deer right up the the fence point, and then throws on the brakes.

I'd have to guess a bark collar would be similar. It all depends on how hard you persuade them, and how smart your dog is :lol:

Pruitt1222 said:
Just another gadget, I got a bark collar for the dog when he was a pup and it worked some what. He figured it out after a while though. He would bark like hell for 30 seconds and then stop for 30, Then repeat. I doubt it works though for that price. I'll look for that collar when I get back from vacation and mail it to ya if I can find it, Might work for you better then it did me.

Thanks for the offer pruitt, but I'm afraid that even the mention of making Lollipop wear a bark collar will result in WW3 in my house!

Guess I haven't seen the commercial, but I borrowed one of those bark collars from a buddy of mine 10- 12 years ago. Put it on my wife (not the wife I got now), and whacked her upside the head with a slipper. Cured her.

hossthehermit said:
Guess I haven't seen the commercial, but I borrowed one of those bark collars from a buddy of mine 10- 12 years ago. Put it on my wife (not the wife I got now), and whacked her upside the head with a slipper. Cured her.
:LOL2:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pOn9Ux0-pjo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pOn9Ux0-pjo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

hossthehermit said:
:LOL2: :LOL2: Now that just ain't right........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer:

No need for a collar. All it takes is some consistant discipline.

Same with raising kids. If you tell em your going to do something, you better be able to back it up, cuase they will push to find out. If you dont back it up, they will walk all over you for the rest of your life.

moi said:
hossthehermit said:
:LOL2: :LOL2: Now that just ain't right........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer:

But, she wanted me to do it. Said she wanted to see if it was safe to use on her dog. #-o

I haven't used the bark collar, but a friend of mind still does. Works like a charm for them.

When I was training my Golden, I did use the shock collar. Worked like a charm. It didn't even have to be turned on...as long as she was wearing it, she knew she was withing gunshot. Battery eventually wouldn't hold a charge anymore and stopped using it. Today, she loves me more than anyone in our house. :D

I don't have bark collar experience, but I bought a shock collar for training my lab, and before I put it on Maxwell, I tried it on myself. It goes to 5 in .5 increments. I made it up to 4.5 before it got to be a bit too much. I've never cranked it passed 2 on him. That thing is magical when it comes to gettin a knuckle-headed 90 pound lab pup do want you tell him.

Latest posts