Peacock Bass Fishing in Florida info needed.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
My Best friend is turning 40 next April and we want to plan a cool weekend of fishing. He mentioned peacock bass fishing. So I am going with it. Anyone ever do it down there? Know a guide? Any pointers? Looking at the weekend of April 16, 2011.

Here's a thread form GON in Jan. Part is talking about the trip to Brazil (less than 3K all in) and there is also some feedback from a guide in Miami.

I also see that Gunny (a member here as well) was supposed to be going to Ft. Lauderdale to fish for them. You may try contacting him to see if he made it down there or not.

https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=481648&highlight=peacock+bass

I was actually thinking about putting together a trip like this for next year! Didn't get very far into the planning stages actually. I was originally just wanting to head south where the bass grow bigger for a week or so, but as I was looking online for info on that, I stumbled across some places advertising Peacock Bass fishing in Florida, and thought that would be REALLY cool to try...

Let us know what you find!

Jim check out some of the guide service stuff on the internet. I know they don't get very big in south FL but they are there in good numbers. I didn't have time to hit the water on my last trip to Ft. Lauderdale, but did talk to some locals who fish for them. They said the canals there in Lauderdale are full of them even after the winter. They also mentioned anything that flashes and moves fast will catch a peacock, but they did say they can tear up your regualr bass fishing tackle. Hope this helps.

Wow, that's a dream fishing trip. Watched a fishing show where they were catching them on top waters in Central America. They were the most powerful and voilent fish strikes I have ever seen - and what a fight! Take lots of pics.

Latest posts